New alloys to replace the ridiculous plastic hubs

Post pictures of your Volkswagen ID.3 here
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

If you adjust your tyre pressures you have to go into settings (Tyres, on the Vehicle screen) and SET. The car then OKs this and SAVES the new pressure if deemed to be within limits.
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Most Tyre pressure monitoring systems do not actually measure the tyre pressure but monitor the wheel speeds using the ABS sensor. The system then looks for any mismatch in rotation speed between the wheels indicating that there has been a change in overall circumference and then flags this as a tyre pressure problem.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

G43FAN wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:38 am Most Tyre pressure monitoring systems do not actually measure the tyre pressure but monitor the wheel speeds using the ABS sensor. The system then looks for any mismatch in rotation speed between the wheels indicating that there has been a change in overall circumference and then flags this as a tyre pressure problem.
Really interesting, I didn't know that! Thanks for this!
craig

Post by craig »

great reply's many thanks
VW ID3 Max Pro Performance Glacier White Metallic
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Silly question probably but does replacing either the alloys or wheel trims count as a modification for insurance purposes?
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

rikimaru wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:16 pm Silly question probably but does replacing either the alloys or wheel trims count as a modification for insurance purposes?
Alloys maybe - wheeltrims no.

Wheeltrims have no bearing on how the car operates.. alloys might if they were not specific to the iD3 for example...

(all IMHO etc..)
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

rikimaru wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:16 pm Silly question probably but does replacing either the alloys or wheel trims count as a modification for insurance purposes?
If you do it after delivery then you must declare this.
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

Declaring alloy wheel doesn't (usually) add anything to you premium so it is well worth telling them.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
Jonty0560

Post by Jonty0560 »

Back to Alloys, the dealer I went to had a Max available but with the steel wheels (why are alloys not not standard???). I had them put the Loen Alloys on for the same cost as the other Alloys that are factory fitted. Car was delivered in 2 weeks as a result otherwise would have had to wait for 3 months. I have also used tyre pressure sensors with a visual indication of the pressure. Display is windscreen mounted and solar powered. When you have a problem, you know which wheel it is. Have similar on my motorbike.
Id3 Max, stonewash blue, purchased June 21
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

The cars standard tyre pressure warning system should pick up any discrepancy anyway it shouldn't matter which wheels are fitted?