Delay in picking up location

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Not sure what happened there, but on leaving the train at Folkestone, the system believed for at least 15 minutes and two restarts that we were still in the middle of the channel. Has anyone else had that?

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)

simonrg

Post by simonrg »

Andreas,

I have had the same experience when coming off ferries, but a system restart normally fixes it. I wonder if taking the car offline, and then back online would fix it.

I have just seen this as a similar inconvenience as the slow start-up, that when you get in the car you can't select mode or operate the climate controls until the infotainment system has fully started up.

I am hoping it will be better in 2.3.

Best wishes, Simon
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Thanks Simon, good to hear I am not the only one!

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

After a period of no GPS signal or a long distance between connectivity it definitely takes longer than usual to get the location.

Used to be the same with the TomTom I vaguely remember.