We connect not connecting

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

We connect android app has been working perfectly since I bought the car

Now suddenly it can't update or connect to the car

Tried restarting phone, reinstalling app and reboot infotainment system on car, but doesn't help

On the car, I see a strong 4G signal, although a few days ago it came up with an error saying "eSim error", but still see a good signal

Any ideas ?
Last edited by colonelpurple on Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

This also happens on VW's ICE vehicles from time to time. So I would imagine it happens to the ID.3/ID.4 also.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

Newfie wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:37 pm This also happens on VW's ICE vehicles from time to time. So I would imagine it happens to the ID.3/ID.4 also.
Thanks

Does it just eventually work, or is intervention required?

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Eventually works, it's not a frequent problem.
roadhawk

Post by roadhawk »

I had the same today. Seems the car has lost its connection to the servers. I fixed it as follows. Enter the vehicle , press start then stop to get the goodbye screen. Set the car to offline, exit the vehicle and lock. I left the car at least 20 minutes (others report it can be shorter) before re-entering and putting the car online. You can conform its able to connect to the servers by going into the navigation app and checking that the suggested destinations have times in green. For me this fixed the apps connectivity. Other users on the UK FB group reported success too.
VW ID.3 1st Edition, Glacier White, Software version: 0363 aka 3.0 OTA
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348
Receive £8 referral credit each with Bonnet referral code RJ5M8 https://www.joinbonnet.com/
Idmania3

Post by Idmania3 »

roadhawk wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:32 pm I had the same today. Seems the car has lost its connection to the servers. I fixed it as follows. Enter the vehicle , press start then stop to get the goodbye screen. Set the car to offline, exit the vehicle and lock. I left the car at least 20 minutes (others report it can be shorter) before re-entering and putting the car online. You can conform its able to connect to the servers by going into the navigation app and checking that the suggested destinations have times in green. For me this fixed the apps connectivity. Other users on the UK FB group reported success too.
This worked for me. Thanks
VW id3 1st Edition Moonstone Grey
Octopus referral. www.share.octopus.energy/harsh-hippo-272
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

A few on the UK Facebook group reported app issues today, all have either resolved themselves or they've done the offline/online trick mentioned above.
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Worked for me as well, useful little trick
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Yep. Me too. Spoke to customer support. They didn’t say so explicitly but I got the impression they know about this. They asked me to take some screen shots and they would be forwarded to their engineering bods.
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

Happened to me this morning, too busy to try and fix. Drove 60 miles, checked again and found it had reconnected itself.
Rob
Business Pro, 62KWh, 150KW, 2.1. White metallic. Wiltshire.
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

roadhawk wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:32 pm I had the same today. Seems the car has lost its connection to the servers. I fixed it as follows. Enter the vehicle , press start then stop to get the goodbye screen. Set the car to offline, exit the vehicle and lock. I left the car at least 20 minutes (others report it can be shorter) before re-entering and putting the car online. You can conform its able to connect to the servers by going into the navigation app and checking that the suggested destinations have times in green. For me this fixed the apps connectivity. Other users on the UK FB group reported success too.
Perfect
It worked!
Thanks alot

Loefr1cs

Post by Loefr1cs »

I'm going to give your fix a shot. This is what I currently get on Android. The car reports that it is online but when I go to "start charging" on the app... nothing happens.

Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Same message on IOS
Loefr1cs

Post by Loefr1cs »

It fixed it of it's own accord the next day. No idea why.
Deleted User 1011

Post by Deleted User 1011 »

"Set the car to offline, exit the vehicle and lock" - OK, but just how to you set it to offline when it's already offline? To set offline you must first be online, and mine hasn't been for 4-5 days, i.e. globe greyed out and app doesn't work because, well, the vehicle isn't found on VW's server. I must say VW support very prompt - excellent - but yet to come up with a solution.