Nearside rear dripping leak (and hello!)

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
CheshEV

Post by CheshEV »

Hi all,

New owner of an ID3 Life Pro Performance in Manganese Grey as of last Friday. Based in Leeds, really surprised by how much I like the car - first EV and it's completely surpassed my expectations. (Except for maybe the plastic hubcaps, my fault for not checking but expected alloys as standard!) Great fun to drive, really like the dash and interior; just a good overall driving experience.

Anyway - I must have done about a hundred miles and I've noticed a slow drip at the nearside rear, just by the jack point. I'm assuming this is a fault, and not something like aircon or battery coolant condensation. Basically I'm asking if anyone else has noticed this with their car, or if it's back to the dealer as I expect.

Photos attached - any thoughts very much appreciated.

IMG-4355.jpg

IMG-4350.jpg

Big thanks in advance

Kelloggs

Post by Kelloggs »

It may not be related but my Id3 is in the workshop after loosing coolant. I’d noticed the coolant level dropped by 200ml so topped it up only to see it drop again after a few days. Short story, local dealer found a leak but it needed the heat pump coolant degassing. No equipment locally, it’s been at another dealers for 2 weeks. The leak was directly below the fluid reservoir.
id3 life performance pro heat pump, turquoise,black.
share.octopus.energy/witty-hawk-404