Over the air update

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
LeonV

Post by LeonV »

I have been told by VW customer services and their technical department that if an over the air update is cancelled for whatever reason, it should be offered again automatically the next time the ignition is turned on.
This has not happened with the last update a few days ago and their advice is to take the car into the retailer for checking.
I'd rather avoid this and wondered if anyone has experienced the same issue?
Here is the technical department's advice:
“Normally when the customer cancels, the download button will pop up next time the ignition is turned on. The only thing we can advise if the customer thinks the over the air updates are not working is to speak to their retailer”

Leccy

Post by Leccy »

What update was it? If it was the one that includes the addition of the We Charge app, you may find the We Charge app is there and the update happened.
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
LeonV

Post by LeonV »

Not sure of the specifics of the update (it flagged up last Thursday) but no sign of the We Charge app on board and no details of any update that has been uploaded since getting the car two weeks ago.
Sdeel7491

Post by Sdeel7491 »

Hi I’m in the same boat I downloaded the WeCharge then left it as asked then when i went back can’t find it anywhere!
That very helpful gentleman from Germany on his YouTube channel,he downloaded it eventually and when he started the car up there was the new app on a separate page! But I can’t find it anywhere 🤷 has anyone managed it and how do you get to the new app?
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Mine just added it to the end of the pages and it seems to work , guess i was just lucky
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

Same as Bromsgrove user, mine is at the end of the list when scrolling down.
Rob
Business Pro, 62KWh, 150KW, 2.1. White metallic. Wiltshire.
LeonV

Post by LeonV »

We Connect app is not there. My main concern is that I did not get another notification to download the update having declined the first. Hoping the issue is at the VW end and I'll get another notification soon.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I think the updates are still on a weekly schedule (that could be out of date now). There was information around that one of the issues with updates was they would be offered at specific time intervals and would initiate dependant on your cars 'birthday' for want of a better description. Therefore you would get offered updates on a particular day weekly. This was being updated though but I've lost track of when and if. From previous threads most people have gotten the cancelled update at a later date.
LeonV

Post by LeonV »

Thanks for that G43FAN. Perhaps I'll need to be patient but encouraged to learn the updates may be weekly and certainly offered at a later date (despite VW telling me it should be available when next starting the car).
Sdeel7491

Post by Sdeel7491 »

Hi I’ve found it! It was on the first page as you can see on the right hand side you just scroll down! And it’s there 😁
Sdeel7491

Post by Sdeel7491 »

56AEA099-E3B9-41D2-A1F7-4C265DBD891B.jpeg