Software and infotainment?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
voltsbragin

Post by voltsbragin »

Hi, well its been an interesting 6 months of ID3 ownership, had some fun, some weird times and some frustration now I'm on the cusp of handing it back to the dealer.

Whatever got replaced and updated when we had issues with infotainment going black has now introduced issues and messages which either means we can drive the car, or we can drive without warning systems available or we can't adjust the radio volume without turning the infotainment off. Had problems with the scheduled charging, apparently we're in the majority of using this feature.. but use the podpoint instead.

My likes about the car is the torque, the cabin calmness and running of ev experience. The hates, the software bugs, left hand drive windscreen wiper configuration, the shiny black plastic bits, the noisy roof when it rains. Oh and the range.. just be honest, why have 260miles claim when in real life you'll be lucky to achieve half of that!

Unfortunately I'm in a death spiral with VWUK, VW customer services and the dealer.. all of which can't offer a solution or a time line to fix the problems.

Probably most of these discussed in the forum rooms, however it's one of those days where you just need to vent!
'Life' its all about the journey ;)