Advice on getting car back from dealer - bricked update

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Purplemeanie

Post by Purplemeanie »

Hi Folks,
apologies if this is a well trodden discussion - I've been away from the forums for a while.

Our ID3 went into the dealer for an update a month ago and it failed on the reprogramming. The dealer says they are waiting for an unlock code from Germany, through the dealership head office in Milton Keynes.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to get the dealer and/or VW to pull their finger out and get our car back?

I've already contacted VW customer services and the VW executive office.

Thanks, John
ID3 1st Edition
Delivered 30/9/2020
www.purplemeanie.co.uk

Leccy

Post by Leccy »

I have no idea if it does any good, but have you tried their social media accounts? Also the Facebook ID drivers club? https://www.facebook.com/groups/volkswageniddriversclub

I was unpleasantly surprised at the service our VW dealer gave us during the buying and after sales period so your experience would appear to be the way it is. I hadn't dealt with a VW dealer for over 10 years, Im sure they were better then. To avoid dealing with them I've always used we connect support "weconnect-support@volkswagen.de" or "iddirect@volkswagen.de" not that either are customers services exactly, but they do respond.
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
Purplemeanie

Post by Purplemeanie »

Thanks for your suggestion Leccy. I’ve now had a call from the VW executive office who will be investigating the delay. This was in response to an email I sent them yesterday.

John
ID3 1st Edition
Delivered 30/9/2020
www.purplemeanie.co.uk
Purplemeanie

Post by Purplemeanie »

Update: I got the car back yesterday. Nobody will admit anything but complained to EO on Monday and car was fixed by Friday after EO talked to dealer. EO said there are 3 levels of escalating a problem and the dealer hadn't escalated to the highest level. Once that was done the car was back with me with 3 days.

John
ID3 1st Edition
Delivered 30/9/2020
www.purplemeanie.co.uk
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Good to know, must feel good to have the car back!

Dealers, don’t you just love them. On a much smaller issue, we got ours in July with couple of accessories thrown in as part of the deal. Sales person told me rear bumper protector was on back order. I followed up every 2-3 weeks, useless replies, then no replies. Escalated it, got call from another sales person, bumper protector had been there since August 5th 🤷🏻‍♂️
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster