Has VW Sub contracted Electricals to the Italians??

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
HendersonR166

Post by HendersonR166 »

My ID3 is 11 months old and has provided much enjoyment for the technicians at the local dealership.

It spent 3 days in May with them for a "Software update!" missed them so much it was back in September, again for three days, for a motor control unit to be replaced. It has now developed another fault which has many warning lights illuminated. (Maybe it's getting ready for Christmas)
Currently awaiting a call from the garage with a date to go back in to join in with their festivities.

My Alfa 166 was more reliable, at least it got to 80,000 before it needed rebuilding, not to mention my Rover SD1 which is on the verge of being pressed back into service as a daily driver! Maybe I should have invested the £30k in keeping them going .....

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

What are the current faults?
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

HendersonR166 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:58 am My ID3 is 11 months old and has provided much enjoyment for the technicians at the local dealership.

It spent 3 days in May with them for a "Software update!" missed them so much it was back in September, again for three days, for a motor control unit to be replaced. It has now developed another fault which has many warning lights illuminated. (Maybe it's getting ready for Christmas)
Currently awaiting a call from the garage with a date to go back in to join in with their festivities.

My Alfa 166 was more reliable, at least it got to 80,000 before it needed rebuilding, not to mention my Rover SD1 which is on the verge of being pressed back into service as a daily driver! Maybe I should have invested the £30k in keeping them going .....
Could the warning lights be the assistance systems which are disabled when update 2.3 is applied OTA? That happened to my wife's ID3 and is mentioned many times on various threads on here.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104