Tyre Pressure Warning

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
DSB18

Post by DSB18 »

I have just had my second flat tyre since I had the car in February and oddly its the same tyre that I had to have replaced the first time, but both times I had no indication on the dash that I had lost tyre pressure, I felt it as I drove off.
It may be a fault sensor on that wheel being as the other three wheels have been fine, but I presume its not a common fault for the car to not warm me of the deflation.
ID.3 Makena turquoise Business Pro

Splash-Man

Post by Splash-Man »

It normally takes a few minutes for the tyre pressure monitoring system to come on line as it lets the tyres warm up slightly before reporting. This based on my experience of previous VWs and my current car. No idea id the ID3 is any different but I doubt it.
The system is really designed to warn of more sudden deflations during use rather than at point of start up as you have experienced. No doubt if you had given it time it would have warned you of the deflation.
2023 Facelift 77kWh Pro S Costa Azule
18/9/23 Order placed
15/12/23 Collection day count down !
DSB18

Post by DSB18 »

Thanks for the reply, seems a bit lame to only warn of a sudden loss, its my first VW but my last 3 cars a Seat and two BMW's all warned me as soon as I started the engine, maybe its a case of EV's/ latest cars taking a time to come completely online after you start.
ID.3 Makena turquoise Business Pro
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I don't think the ID.3 has signal-based wheel sensors, I read that it relies on the ABS system to evaluate whether you might have a loss of pressure.