Scheduling a charge

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Bigkev01

Post by Bigkev01 »

On the 25th of Nov, we had a home charger fitted by BP pulse and after waiting the required 48 hours, using the BP pulse app, i attempted to make use of the cheap rate hours, 00.30-0730 to schedule a charge through Chargevision. But as soon as I plugged the car in at 11pm, it started charging immediately. I disconnected and had to stay up til 0030 to plug in again. The car was set to charge up to 80% and in the morning I unplugged and the charge had gone in. The same happened two nights after, again having to stay up, and again the car charged. BP pulse suggested that the app hadn't connected with the charger, but all the charge information was available on my partners phone of how much, and how long, the charge sessions had been. I've also attempted to use the car schedule charge facility also, but that didn't charge at the time I thought I'd asked for. It did charge out of those hours but only said at 4mph?? Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Don't bother with the car charger its just doesn't work , if your charger is anything like a pod point you have to set a timed slot for every day of the week or it will just start charging as soon as you plug it in on a day without a setting, hence if your slot is for Monday at 00.30 but you plug it it Sunday at 23.00 without a slot on Sunday it will start straight away
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Don't save anything in Vehicle > Locations in the car.

Set a timer for your charger on all 7 days of the week, plug it in at whatever time you want when you want it to be charged the next morning.