2.3 update performed by dealer

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

After no it’s update received 10 weeks after email I booked into the dealer on 20/12/21. Just received the car back and the dealer has managed to force the update in the workshop. Might be useful info for anyone still waiting.

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Just because people are "waiting" isn't really justification to be taking up a workshop bay, unless the specific dealer is happy to support that.

Dealers need capacity, and need to get approval from VW to do the work under warranty or they don't get paid.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

scott28tt wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:26 pm Just because people are "waiting" isn't really justification to be taking up a workshop bay, unless the specific dealer is happy to support that.

Dealers need capacity, and need to get approval from VW to do the work under warranty or they don't get paid.
I refrain from doing this normally, but Absolute Rubbish, you need to stop defending VW on this, it's a shambles and if nearly 4 months after announcing updates that would take up to 6 weeks it's still not happening then VW should be doing their utmost to fix it. VW are sending cars to dealers for the update and to investigate the issue and given the number of people still waiting for the update this is entirely appropriate if it resolves the issue for the long term.

It smarts slightly when it's documented that you got the updates early through the first movers, I have no issue with this in particular, but you then telling people they should just wait does not seem a favourable response.
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

VW seem to have not realised the significance of software, and IT savvy engineers. The mechanic, although still important, has been replaced in importance by the software engineer, but VW corporately, and in their franchised dealers do not seem to have grasped this. "A bay" is for a car that doesn't function correctly - whatever the cause. They need to collectively improve this shambles, and quickly. Increasing numbers of vehicles will only see the delays increase on current trend.
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

I don't think they seem to realise the significance it has on the reputation of the car either. Reviews have been, and still are, dominated by software problems. It completely overshadows the many positive aspects of the car. I know several people for whom the ID.3 was their first real experience of a VW, and they've had the misfortune to drive cars sat on 2.1, and they've hated them, all because of software that wasn't ready for public consumption. They should be doing their utmost to get cars updated so there isn't so much negativity floating around.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

All, my intention was not to cause controversy but purely to point out that those people who were as frustrated as I am that there is another option if anyone chooses to take it ,not withstanding it’s not what I would call an emergency. VW is not alone in struggling with software, the jaguar I previously had took them 18 months to resolve all the software issues. The issue is one of communication, don’t say it’s six weeks if it’s not, have a support service that is in a position to answer and escalate queries in a structured way. In my mind that’s what’s missing, and frustration grows with posts from owners who have had no issues at all.
Anyway I am sure over time they will resolve Merry Xmas everyone.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

There was an ID.4 owner on here some time ago that posted to say that they eventually took theirs (id.4) into the dealers, so your not alone. I had mine booked into get a manual update. I'd had about 4 weeks of correspondence with We Connect eventually they gave up and sent the dealer a request to investigate and install. That was the Thursday or Friday, it was booked in for the following Wednesday, and then on the Saturday night about 10:30 I had to go pick my son up.. down a very rural back road with hardly any signal, I hadn't waited for the car to connect when I got in as I had been doing every other journey and lo and behold I got part1.. by Monday part 2 had also installed which almost makes it all the more frustrating.

Anyway Happy Christmas everybody..
hungerdunger

Post by hungerdunger »

When I queried my lack of an update with VW, I received this message:
As we further checked in our tools, your vehicle has not been assigned to the campaign yet. Thus, it is not possible to determine in advance for which time-frame your ID.3 will be assigned.

However, you will be part of the following campaign. In addition, you may always check available updates in your infotainment system from the 'settings' then select 'system information' then on the top section will show either 'Show all updates or 'Update available'.

If there is no available updates, then we kindly ask for your patience and understanding regarding to this matter.
When I complained about their lack of interest in getting me updated they then sent me this:
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused with the delay of OTA.

Please note that there have been cases where, unfortunately, communication of the vehicle takes more time regarding the OTA installation. We are working hard so that to proceed with the OTA update on all the vehicles.

Based on our internal tools there is not OTA yet available for your vehicle.

However, you will be part of the following campaign for next OTAs.

In addition, kindly note that OTA will be supplied to the vehicles with the latest software also in the workshop in the coming year 2022.
So as far as I can see, I'll have to wait for 2.4 to be installed by the dealer. They have told me that they will install 2.3 if I insist, but as it's only a minor update, I don't really want to take up their time, especially with the latest bout of Covid doing the rounds.
ID.3 1st Edition - Manganese Grey - purchased 15/12/20.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

G43FAN wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:29 am
scott28tt wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:26 pm Just because people are "waiting" isn't really justification to be taking up a workshop bay, unless the specific dealer is happy to support that.

I refrain from doing this normally, but Absolute Rubbish, you need to stop defending VW on this, it's a shambles and if nearly 4 months after announcing updates that would take up to 6 weeks it's still not happening then VW should be doing their utmost to fix it. VW are sending cars to dealers for the update and to investigate the issue and given the number of people still waiting for the update this is entirely appropriate if it resolves the issue for the long term.

It smarts slightly when it's documented that you got the updates early through the first movers, I have no issue with this in particular, but you then telling people they should just wait does not seem a favourable response.

My point was about putting pressure on dealers - they are caught in the middle of any angst between customer and VW.
SinglePointSafety

Post by SinglePointSafety »

I've had pretty much the same response from VW - no opt-in email received and thus no prospect of 2.3 in the near future, just the vague promise that it will happen, sometime, who knows when (they don't). The dealership who supplied my (pre-reg) vehicle are so unpleasant and incompetent, it would be an absolute last resort to ask them to perform the update, even assuming they would actually agree.
id3 Max 2021
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I too am waiting for part 2 of 2.3. But - aside from it being a stepping stone to 2.4 and higher - I don’t see there are any advantages to be concerned about not having. I’ll wait it out for a bit longer.
westste

Post by westste »

MotMot wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:37 am I too am waiting for part 2 of 2.3. But - aside from it being a stepping stone to 2.4 and higher - I don’t see there are any advantages to be concerned about not having. I’ll wait it out for a bit longer.
When I received my part 1 2.3 update I waited a few weeks for part 2, then I saw a post from someone who accepted the original email from VW again and part 2 appeared a few days later; I did the same and it came through after a week. This may be coincidence of course but worth a try perhaps?
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Tried that several times :) been in semi regular contact via email with VW about this. It seems (though not the final conclusion) that because I performed a system reset two weeks after part 1 (because I read on a forum it helps part 2 come along 😂😂) this may have stopped the whole process. Quite how it is restarted I’m yet to hear!
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Had a response just now:

“ According to the official instructions, customers who have confirmed the opt-in mail and have been disenrolled and re-enrolled (e.g. after performing a factory reset), before having the update completed, will be included in the new update wave which starts in Calendar Week 2 of 2022”