software update

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
thealford5

Post by thealford5 »

Was waiting in our ID3 when i had a look through the screens and i found there was an update available, but i had not had a notification from VW about it.
i started the download when i got home, and allowed it go overnight, it was about half way done when i checked after 3 hours, so i don't know how long it took to complete but it was finished in the morning.
Currently i am on version 2.3.0, and thought i had kept up to date, so was surprised by this one.
i can't see any obvious changes does anyone know what this update does to the car?

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Not heard of anything post-2.3 other than We Charge reinstalling (but that's only a small download/install)

No title or release notes when you set it to download?
smuj

Post by smuj »

Had similar yesterday. Only had car a month and came with 2.3 installed. Was parked waiting for my wife, shopping, and was poking about in the menus and came across a message asking me to install an update. No information on what it was but I pressed update anyway and off it went. Took a couple of minutes to install while I was sat in the car. Message came up saying something along the lines that the update was to facilitate future updates and enhancements to the digital display. Can’t remember exact wording. Wish I’d taken a snapshot of the screen now. Had to leave and lock the car for five minutes. When I returnedI had a look at the system info but couldn’t see anything about a new update, still showing 2.3 as latest update. Strange.
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

My car was delivered in July with ID software 3.0.0. The car recently updated itself; It still is 3.0.0 with software 0333 so I assume it is the Display unit software which says it is 3080. The Navigation software is still 21.7 so not up to date. What software edition are others seeing?
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

I have had my car since may 2021, I never got any update to the navigation software. In the end I decided to factory reset the car and start the registration of WeConnect all over again. Ever since I did that I have been getting the monthly update that currently stands at 22.10. Might be worth a try worked for me.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

simonmaskell wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:54 am I have had my car since may 2021, I never got any update to the navigation software. In the end I decided to factory reset the car and start the registration of WeConnect all over again. Ever since I did that I have been getting the monthly update that currently stands at 22.10. Might be worth a try worked for me.
My Nav data has never updated, it's always been stated that your Nav only updates when necessary, so if you don't drive in any different areas or where you usually drive has not had any updates your Nav data won't update. I am not sure I want to risk factory resetting .