digital instrument cluster

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
bazmac

Post by bazmac »

Hi all
wondering if anyone else has had this, turned the car on this morning after a charge at home and everything else comes on as normal except the instrument cluster which is completely blank....the car drives ect but i have no display?
Any thoughts?
58k Pro Performance
Glacier white
East derrys

craig

Post by craig »

happened to me with courtesy car came back on after left overnight
VW ID3 Max Pro Performance Glacier White Metallic
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Happened on my 2018 Polo GTI+ at 6 months old. Software fox at the dealers,except they wiped the GTI skin and put the normal one on. Wonder if there's a currently unused GTX skin to activate?
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
bazmac

Post by bazmac »

Bit of an update, after leaving it overnight the problem remained short version a 'hard reset' solved the issue ( basically disconnecting the 12v battery) so hopefully thats that.
58k Pro Performance
Glacier white
East derrys
Purplemeanie

Post by Purplemeanie »

Hi All,
thought I'd add to the post to say the same thing happened to us (I think) today. Both the drivers display and the central display would go blank after displaying a few error messages.

We left the car for a few hours but made no difference. Finally found this post and disconnected/reconnected the negative terminal on the battery. I left the battery disconnected for a minute just to be sure.

Hey presto the car is working again. it threw a bit of a hissy fit on the second time I started it after the battery was reconected - all the sensors said they weren't working. But I stopped the car, turned it off and then on again... and the sensors came back ok this time.

Hopefully that helps some other people with any similar problems.

John
ID3 1st Edition
Delivered 30/9/2020
www.purplemeanie.co.uk