Keyless Entry Stopped Working

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Big277wave

Post by Big277wave »

On my original 1st Edition the keyless system became erratic sometimes not working. After being at the dealership for a few weeks the Kessey (keyless controller) was replaced and it cured the problems.
1st Ed turquoise, white interior, 9/2020
Family Pro preformance, Makena turquoise, Andoya alloys
Ordered 22/9/ 2021 replacing 1st Ed which has been unreliable
Order No 31364***, pre order from July 2021
Status 70 on 25/11/22, build wk38

TimF

Post by TimF »

Finally, some progress with keylesslessness. The workshop had the car in three times last year where this was investigated. The first time while in for the 400V check and V2 to V3 update, second while in for first service, third in November specifically to look into this issue. They did finally see it for themselves, and said they had passed it to VW for analysis / update / further information, and would get back to me in due course. Quick as a flash, nothing happened.

The car's now been in for over a week because of the 12V battery issue. The first thing they did was change the key battery, because that's the first requirement of VW faulting in this area. No fault. Told them I was happy for the car to stay in for a while, to allow whatever it is which discharges the 12V battery to happen. I got a call after a week, saying they had seen the fault, and were "escalating it to VW". Turns out the fault they'd now seen was keylesslessness, not 12V battery issues. But this time they'd got a bit further than in November, and localised the problem to a module called something like "car care conditioning". Inevitably, there was no stock of this available, and they have raised an urgent request with VW to source one. At some point, this will appear and can be swapped for the faulty unit.