Pod point home charger issues, cable stuck and timing issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Ccmc

Post by Ccmc »

Just charged at home for the first time and a couple of issues have arisen.

Firstly I set the car up to charge to a maximum of 80% but it kept charging to 87% until I stopped it charging.

Secondly the charging cable will not come out of my pod point charger. I've removed it from the car but it will not come out of the pod. I've switched it on and off and that hasn't worked.
Any advice from anyone?

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I’m guessing the 80% was set via the app.
Ccmc

Post by Ccmc »

No I set the 80% in the car
Deleted User 192

Did you do anything with the equivalent setting in the app?

It is the car not the charger which dictates when charging stops, but there have been instances where people have the setting in the app which then confuses the car.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I think the charging limit may resolve with confirmed settings in app and car with the same values.
Mine is tethered so no plug at the charger. I have experienced this on a public PodPoint and know some of them are quite tight with a heafty tug to pull it free. Have you tried wriggling the plug a little or is it definitely locked mechanically?
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Agree with Scott first time i set my percentage with the app and it carried on to 100% , since then made sure car was at 80% and never had a problem . My pod point is tethered and never had a problem pulling it out of the car
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
Ccmc

Post by Ccmc »

I could remove it this morning so don't know what's going on??
I'll see what happens next time.
Regarding charging to 80% I'll keep an eye on it and can always see how long it will take to charge to 80% and schedule that in the podpoint app.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Ccmc wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:49 pm I could remove it this morning so don't know what's going on??
I'll see what happens next time.
Regarding charging to 80% I'll keep an eye on it and can always see how long it will take to charge to 80% and schedule that in the podpoint app.
You shouldn't need to schedule in the app to get it to stop.. If the car is set to maximum 80% charge then it should stop, if it isn't and is charging above the limit set in car then I suggest a dealer trip.

This is assuming the charge limit is set in Car, not on the app (although they should be in sync, if they are not you have other comms issues) and that you have no location settings set up in the car.
Last edited by G43FAN on Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 192

• Delete any "location" in the car (if you've saved one in Vehicle > Locations)
  • Set the maximum % in the car
  • Don't touch the maximum % in the We Connect ID. app
  • Set whatever schedule you want in the Pod Point app
It should be that simple to get the behaviour you want.
Ccmc

Post by Ccmc »

Thanks both I've done everything you've suggested so hopefully it'll work.
The car was set at 100%, I've removed the location.