Cornering Light Message Fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
solarman

Post by solarman »

Hi
Can anyone shed any light on a really annoying problem with my ID
I have an 18 month old ID3 1st Edition which has recently started flashing up a message saying 'Error Dynamic Cornering Light' with a small amber symbol of what appears to be a light bulb. I have tried looking in the infotainment manual (the VW dealer 'removed' my paper version when I took it in for an update and would not give it back, but that's another story) but in the warnings display there is no reference to this message. I could not get to speak to a technician at the dealership and was forced to book the car in for diagnosis in about 2 1/2 weeks from now. Meanwhile, this message, along with an annoying 'ping' comes up on the dashboard about every 15 or 20 seconds through out any journey. I have tried turning off the dynamic cornering lights on the IFT but this makes no difference. Ironically, when switched on, the dynamic cornering lights still appear to be working so there is not actually a fault. Has anybody else had this or something similar and managed to put a stop to the infernal noise and distraction?

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Enter your registration or L3 VWW here for the full manual: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... nuals.html

Removing the paper version was part of a dealer installing the 2.1 update, at the instruction of VW.

They should have put a 60-page “read me” manual in the wallet in the glovebox, I thought that had warning symbols in it, not that I think it would give you detail for fixing this particular issue.

Report it to your dealer.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Mine had this - and it also meant my rear lights were out (it didn’t tell me - I had to figure it out at night on a motorway…). A stop. Lock and restart fixed it.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

From the post it sounds like this is a continual problem, as Scott says.. Dealer visit.
Kirkbysteve

Post by Kirkbysteve »

I will follow this thread with interest. My ID3 has suddenly developed the same warning light on occasion. There was never any problem before installing OTA update 2.3 so I have assumed it is a software fault that will be rectified with OTA 3.0.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Check your rear lights if it happens!
solarman

Post by solarman »

Thanks for the replies to this pot.
Thankfully the rear lights seem to be unaffected by this problem.

Thank you scott28tt for the link to the manual. I have tried to find the manual on the VW manuals website but it would not accept my VIN number as valid, and there was no option to put in a Car Reg. No. Ironically the manual link you sent shows the VIN No from the Car Reg proving that it is valid after all !
I did not receive a 'Read me ' manual either to replace the paper booklet.
Deleted User 1676

Post by Deleted User 1676 »

2020 ID.3 Owners Manual

Copy of the PDF stored on a Google Drive
solarman

Post by solarman »

Thanks for the link Voodubber. Very useful to have this back again.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

solarman wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:42 pm I did not receive a 'Read me ' manual either to replace the paper booklet.

When a dealer removes the full manual (hundreds of pages) from the car, they should replace it with a 60-page “read me” manual in the vehicle wallet.

If yours did not do that, contact them if you want, but check the wallet first.
Griff

Post by Griff »

I just got this message on the way home tonight. I will check again tomorrow to see if it persists.

Has this only been an intermittant fault or has anyone seen it as something to worry about??
:: ID.3 Life Pro :: Manganese Grey :: East Derry Alloys :: Tow Hitch ::
January 2022.
Pod Point Solo 3 Home Charger.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Yes - it turned out my rear lights were not on! It’s never happened since!
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Has anyone else had this problem recently?
Ours just started yesterday, usual leaving it overnight made no difference and booked into dealer but 2 weeks away

Very annoying but at least everything appears to be working!

Any suggestions on a fix or is it dealer job

Thanks
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic
2.4 update complete
TimF

Post by TimF »

We had the cornering light message once, didn't seem to have any relevance to anything, no obvious problems with the car (we didn't actually check the rear lights - thanks for the tip should it happen again). It happened about ten minutes after the infotainment system had gone through a complete BSOD-type crash and had to be restarted.
mish

Post by mish »

We had this error continuously (restarting infotainment system cleared the error but it didn't take look to come back). This started happening a few days after the 2.4 update/12 V battery replacement. Went to the dealer who told me that a control unit needed replacing which then increased to several components. After 3 weeks still waiting to get the car back because VW haven't supplied enough info to register the new parts with the dealer's diagnostic system. Will restrain myself from running any software updates in the future. 2.3 was absolutely fine but we wanted the new 12V battery. Oh well.
Tom Dickan-Harry

Post by Tom Dickan-Harry »

I had the same issue as Mish. It started off with a dynamic cornering light error but over the next few days impacted the indicators and the dynamic headlights and eventually the low speed noise generator. it's caused by a faulty sound control unit which for some unknown reason impacts all the aforementioned areas too. The unit was luckily in stock in Milton Keynes and was fixed within a couple of days. They had to remove the front wheel and surrounding trim to gain access to the unit
shabbyroad

Post by shabbyroad »

Oh dear. I’ve started with the initial fault on dynamic turning light and today I’m getting both the noise generator and indicator errors. Can’t get into a main dealer for a service until mid March but going to phone tomorrow as I cannot drive this with intermittent working indicators. Will try a reset by pulling fuse but I doubt that’s going to fix anything. Not much else I can do on a Sunday.
Tom Dickan-Harry

Post by Tom Dickan-Harry »

I suggest you do what I did and call our the VW rescue crew. They diagnosed that the car was undrivable and trailered it to the local dealership the following day and gave me a courtesy car until it was fixed - assuming your dealership aren't prepared to leave it sitting in their compound for the next two months.
shabbyroad

Post by shabbyroad »

Currently waiting on rescue crew to come get it.... AA chap arrived this morning and based on seeing the headlights still 'on' despite the car being turned off already knew the other symptoms.

Hopefully a straightforward repair.
Splitty

Post by Splitty »

Just started happening on mine. Yesterday I had cornering light issues, today the indicators failed and just got home and now I can't turn off the lights and the moving sound system is making whooping noises. Waiting for AA as Local dealer can't do anything till Feb 22nd.