Has anyone used a Tesla home charge point?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Jimmyinit

Post by Jimmyinit »

Okay don't bash me to hard if this has already been asked (I did do a search but did not find the answer regarding the home charger) so as per the subject has anyone here used a Tesla Gen 2 home charger or one installed running on 3 phase say at an industrial site or even aboard? I ask because where I work we have three phase power (as do most industrial type locations) so it might be worth a purchase?
24.12.21 Car on my drive delivered - - Tour Stonewash Blue with Heat pump
V3 Software updated 12-14 Nov 2022

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Jimmyinit wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:05 pm Okay don't bash me to hard if this has already been asked (I did do a search but did not find the answer regarding the home charger) so as per the subject has anyone here used a Tesla Gen 2 home charger or one installed running on 3 phase say at an industrial site or even aboard? I ask because where I work we have three phase power (as do most industrial type locations) so it might be worth a purchase?

Yup, it's an excellent quality "dumb" charge point that works absolutely happily on any Mennekes vehicle AC connection. Which is to say that you'll be reliant on the in-car scheduling and charging settings instead of an app, but if all you're doing is plugging in and charging at work, you'll be absolutely golden. And if 3.0 software fixes the scheduling problems, then you have extra flexibility.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Jimmyinit

Post by Jimmyinit »

Cheers Utumno appreciate the reply.
24.12.21 Car on my drive delivered - - Tour Stonewash Blue with Heat pump
V3 Software updated 12-14 Nov 2022
Deleted User 1676

Post by Deleted User 1676 »

This is good to know. Thanks, both.
ac3id.3

Post by ac3id.3 »

yes works very well, i sold my Tesla model S and switch to ID.3 and have the tesla home connector gen 2 at home and works perfectly with the ID.3
ID.3 1st White