Not connecting to internet

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Post Reply
Sdeel7491
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by Sdeel7491 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:48 am

Not letting me connect to internet, when i go into settings it won’t slide across to connect!

6C1E60D1-0810-45A5-BF3E-9C072FADB757.jpeg

03A04F3F-B8E0-4734-952A-DB9ABDBCEA95.jpeg

2AE1F2DB-3914-423A-A00F-F0F1A28A08BC.jpeg


G43FAN
Posts: 808
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:27 am
Location: N. Wales

Post by G43FAN » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:18 am

Happens from time to time, you can wait it out (my preference) or try playing with fuses (can lead to other problems if you are not careful).
Family Pro: East Derry Wheels: Moonstone Grey - Software 2.3 finally installed 13/12/2021
Zappi Charger with Solar Edge 6kW PV array.
Android Connect ID App Ver: 2.2.7

billybobb2019
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:01 am

Post by billybobb2019 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:02 pm

Had the same thng since eysterday - does happen occasionally - good advice from previous poster G43FAN - you can wait a couple of days and it usually resolves or you can remove the fuse ( i was too scared too LOL) or you can live chat with VW who can do server things behind the scenes - had to do that when the last time mine went over 4 days and it ultimately resolved.

Was a wierd thing though and I almost accused the car of voodoo as I was only saying (honestly) on Sunday how it hadnt done the no connection thing for a couple of months ,said to Mrs Billybobb just the same and she said dont tempt fate ....monday morning no net!

LOL

Sdeel7491
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by Sdeel7491 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:16 pm

Back working fine now 🤷

billybobb2019
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:01 am

Post by billybobb2019 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:03 am

is anyone else having issues? i’m still offline since sunday - VW customer services are unhelpful as in the we connect team are very busy and rerouting calls to the general CS team who have twice said to give it time or take it to the dealer

just wondered if it is mine or is there a wider server/service

anyone experiencing the same?

thanks in advance

itsjon
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:36 pm

Post by itsjon » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:12 am

its happened twice to me... once on the move and once overnight parked.

customer service reset it over the air both times..

hopefully the new software updates will sort the problem this summer

simonmaskell
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by simonmaskell » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:43 am

This happens all the time.
Easiest solution is to remove the third 5amp fuse in the second column of the fuse box in the glove box.
Lock the car, wait ten minutes, reinsert it it lock the car wait another ten minutes. All will then work. One word of caution learnt from experimce. Do not remove the fuse then sit in the drivers seat or drive the car. If you do that you will have error messages that you cannot remove with out a dealer trip

darcy67
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by darcy67 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:23 pm

Funnily enough mine has started doing that this week also. Not too sure how to remove the cover for the fuse panel otherwise I'd do that.

billybobb2019
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:01 am

Post by billybobb2019 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:13 pm

simonmaskell wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:43 am
This happens all the time.
Easiest solution is to remove the third 5amp fuse in the second column of the fuse box in the glove box.
Lock the car, wait ten minutes, reinsert it it lock the car wait another ten minutes. All will then work. One word of caution learnt from experimce. Do not remove the fuse then sit in the drivers seat or drive the car. If you do that you will have error messages that you cannot remove with out a dealer trip
worked like a charm - after being given a massive run around by VW customer services and not being able to book the car in for 6 weeks - followed your steps ! brilliant! thanks so much

Cirrusdancer
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:47 pm

Post by Cirrusdancer » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:31 pm

Thanks for that very useful tip simonmaskell, worked for me when I got impatient after 5 days of the car being offline.
I've attached a couple of pictures to clarify how to get at the fusebox and which fuse to remove.
Unless you've got very thin fingers you'll need a pair of tweezers or pointed nose pliers.

ID.3 fusebox cover.JPG

ID.3 fusebox.JPG


DSB18
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by DSB18 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:49 pm

simonmaskell wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:43 am
This happens all the time.
Easiest solution is to remove the third 5amp fuse in the second column of the fuse box in the glove box.
Lock the car, wait ten minutes, reinsert it it lock the car wait another ten minutes. All will then work. One word of caution learnt from experimce. Do not remove the fuse then sit in the drivers seat or drive the car. If you do that you will have error messages that you cannot remove with out a dealer trip
Thats interesting, I have had to do this about 3 times since I have owned the car but I always remove the 5th fuse down, number 19.
It always works, wonder why both the 3rd and 5th work.
ID.3 Makena turquoise Business Pro

MotMot
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by MotMot » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:34 pm

Cirrusdancer wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:31 pm
Thanks for that very useful tip simonmaskell, worked for me when I got impatient after 5 days of the car being offline.
I've attached a couple of pictures to clarify how to get at the fusebox and which fuse to remove.
Unless you've got very thin fingers you'll need a pair of tweezers or pointed nose pliers.
There is a plastic fuse removal tool in the fuse box under the bonnet. Mine now lives in the glovebox. Had to do fuse19 tonight (though only second time in 13k miles)

G43FAN
Posts: 808
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:27 am
Location: N. Wales

Post by G43FAN » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:48 am

DSB18 wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:49 pm
simonmaskell wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:43 am
This happens all the time.
Easiest solution is to remove the third 5amp fuse in the second column of the fuse box in the glove box.
Lock the car, wait ten minutes, reinsert it it lock the car wait another ten minutes. All will then work. One word of caution learnt from experimce. Do not remove the fuse then sit in the drivers seat or drive the car. If you do that you will have error messages that you cannot remove with out a dealer trip
Thats interesting, I have had to do this about 3 times since I have owned the car but I always remove the 5th fuse down, number 19.
It always works, wonder why both the 3rd and 5th work.
SLOT 19 is the 5th one down and that is correct in the picture above, if you are removing the 5th 'Fuse' down that is Slot 21 (F21).
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=253&p=4742&hilit=fuse+19#p4742

Fuse19.PNG

Family Pro: East Derry Wheels: Moonstone Grey - Software 2.3 finally installed 13/12/2021
Zappi Charger with Solar Edge 6kW PV array.
Android Connect ID App Ver: 2.2.7

Kirkbysteve
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by Kirkbysteve » Wed May 11, 2022 7:44 am

Now had two days of failing to connect. Thanks for the helpful posts on the Forum. Think I will adopt the wait and see method before trying the fuse box trick.
This is the first time this has happened in 16 months of ownership.

G43FAN
Posts: 808
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:27 am
Location: N. Wales

Post by G43FAN » Wed May 11, 2022 11:29 am

I went a good 10 months with no issues, then since the beginning of the year it's up and down like a yo yo.. It went offline about 10 days ago, then came back online on Monday this week, and is offline again today.
Family Pro: East Derry Wheels: Moonstone Grey - Software 2.3 finally installed 13/12/2021
Zappi Charger with Solar Edge 6kW PV array.
Android Connect ID App Ver: 2.2.7

Post Reply