Charging level shows the same in ID connect app

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Lowfat

Post by Lowfat »

Hey people :)

Anyone else had this issue? My We connect app shows the same charge level on my id3 for 1 week now, so I always have 57% :D wont update. The preheating works and the car is online anyone have a tip how I can fix this?

/ Chris

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

It's sometimes useful to know what version and OS app you are using.
However assuming the car is Online then I suggest killiing the app completley (not just minimising it) and restarting it. Usually works on Android.
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

Sometimes have same glitch but seemed to fix itself. One cause for me has been when the car is parked in our garage - and signal from Wifi / mobile network is very weak. Sometimes changing something in charge profile (eg departure time) is enough to force an update.
Unlikely to be your problem, but worth a try. Failing that I am afraid you need do one of the following, delete and reinstall the app, and/or to send a message to the ID connect customer services... and/or call at the VW garage to see if they can force and update.

Unfortunately VW build good cars 'mechanically' but they 'must try harder' with their software design and this Forum spells out numerous times.....
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
Lowfat

Post by Lowfat »

Thanks so much for your advises :) Yes tell me about it the software is kinda disapointed tho I love my id3 more then most cars ive owned.

I fixed the issue by restarting the phone fully I have an Iphone. Now the charge level has been updated in the app. Haha Im so stupid I didnt try to restart the phone completly before. Thanks again guys for ur replies.
newb-ev

Post by newb-ev »

At least a couple of people are having this issue, my self included, since the last app update on iOS.

There’s another thread "App not updating unless restarting it" where this is discussed, but there doesn’t seem a fix part from restarting the app every time you want to check the SoC, at least for me.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise
Ordered: 8th July 2021
Currently Status: Picked up from dealer 22/12
craig

Post by craig »

I have the same problem since latest app update the widget and app show different charge level and miles available as said only way at the moment is to reboot phone mine is also an iphone
VW ID3 Max Pro Performance Glacier White Metallic
Lowfat

Post by Lowfat »

Ye I have the same problem again after awhile and need to restart phone everytime to get it to update. Hopefully there is a fix soon. :)
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

craig wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:26 am I have the same problem since latest app update the widget and app show different charge level and miles available as said only way at the moment is to reboot phone mine is also an iphone
Where is this "widget"?
Splitty

Post by Splitty »

If you are using an Apple device, you only need to kill the WeConnect app and you don’t have to restart the phone. Drag slowly from the bottom of the screen to the top to show which apps are running the then swipe up on WeConnect to kill it. The just select it again. It’s a bug in the latest VW software. I love the way VW release untested features without telling you and then take weeks/months to fix them. Rubbish old school software development/release methodology. They need to go agile!
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Scratch wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:40 am
craig wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:26 am I have the same problem since latest app update the widget and app show different charge level and miles available as said only way at the moment is to reboot phone mine is also an iphone
Where is this "widget"?
If you're on an iPhone then just long-press on the screen and click on the + symbol. You get the option to add the ID app either square or rectangle. I find it's usefulish, just doesn't keep updated.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Anduain wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:16 pm
Scratch wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:40 am
Where is this "widget"?
If you're on an iPhone then just long-press on the screen and click on the + symbol. You get the option to add the ID app either square or rectangle. I find it's usefulish, just doesn't keep updated.
Thanks
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Looks like the issue of the charge and range not updating in the app unless you kill the app and restart it has been fixed in the update to version 1.32.0 (iOS anyway) from a few days ago.
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster