Software 2.4 rollout delayed

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Newfie wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:53 pm It was reported some time ago that cars built in the latter part of 2021 (July onwards) will not need the new battery as they have been fitted in the factory and in speaking to my dealer today batteries is not the issue of any form of delay as they have plenty in stock.
That subsequently changed and the message from Battery Life's discussion with VW was that all cars even those delivered very recently with 2.3 would require the entire update including battery, a new control module and the software.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.

itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

G43FAN wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:04 am I've said it before, I don't expect to see 2.4 or certainly 3.x on my car. VW already made the announcement that it would depend on the hardware, for some reason lots of people thought that meant VW would replace all our old ECUs?? Eventually VW will announce that early cars are not suitable and therefore won't be upgraded. If I am wrong then everyone wins, but I see a lot of 2020/21 cars staying as they are and with that taking a huge hit on resale.
I really cannot see this happening.. even with first movers.
2021 Life Pro Performance - Manganese Grey - 19" Andoyas - Software 2.3 - SOLD July 2022.