Error drive , go to workshop

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Ph66

Post by Ph66 »

Just jumped in Car .

Display says error drive - got to workshop

Can't select drive

Guess it's call AA man ....

What's the solution / seems to be others with similar ?
ID3 First edition. Glacier white . V3.2 software
Using Octopus IO now - off peak electricity - Share £100 each if you join Octopus use this code - share.octopus.energy/tan-thyme-926

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

If locking it and leaving oit for 20 minutes hasn't resolved it then AA.
AA will probably just disconnect 12v battery as there's not much else they can do.

On mine the D/B R N display was not showing anything at all and the switch seemed to do nothing. VW replaced and been fine since.
Big277wave

Post by Big277wave »

Mine did this, the first couple of times turning the car off and leaving it for 20 minutes to allow it to reset itself was enough to get me driving again to the dealership. When they had it, it failed completely, the eventual solution was changing the steering column PCB with the steering column display and stalk controls on.
1st Ed turquoise, white interior, 9/2020
Family Pro preformance, Makena turquoise, Andoya alloys
Ordered 22/9/ 2021 replacing 1st Ed which has been unreliable
Order No 31364***, pre order from July 2021
Status 70 on 25/11/22, build wk38
Ph66

Post by Ph66 »

AA were going to recover car from home to garage this morning , after yesterday's problem -no drive selection - parking brake on !

Well after leaving it overnight its solved itself.

At garage now - see what they think !
Using Octopus IO now - off peak electricity - Share £100 each if you join Octopus use this code - share.octopus.energy/tan-thyme-926
Ph66

Post by Ph66 »

Solution to replace the drive control level as someone else mentioned. Seems ok now.
(Funny worked till lunch) then nothing . )

Finished off upgrade to 2.3 software.

2.4 next month - waiting VW !
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Ph66 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:48 am Solution to replace the drive control level as someone else mentioned. Seems ok now.
(Funny worked till lunch) then nothing . )

Finished off upgrade to 2.3 software.

2.4 next month - waiting VW !
Good to hear it's sorted, and Yes mine was replaced, there was no warning it just stopped working.

2.4 Next month, You know something we don't?
Jonr37

Post by Jonr37 »

Mine has been showing this error constantly for about 2 months now

Apart from the annoying bing bong when car is opened there is nothing else going on

I’m ignoring it…
Ph66

Post by Ph66 »

Re v 2.4. Recall - my garage has the new batteries,and recall letters should have gone out in June .

However, from what they know - it appears VW have put a hold on it for the moment.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Perhaps it will happen with the quarterly updates, after all VW are experts at software roll outs.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Ph66 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 4:26 pm Re v 2.4. Recall - my garage has the new batteries,and recall letters should have gone out in June .

However, from what they know - it appears VW have put a hold on it for the moment.

Indefinitely delayed, yes. There is clearly something ‘on fire’ in CARIAD somewhere.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
G4XUR

Post by G4XUR »

Yes just heard that my garage has "creates" of replacement batteries, but 2.4 update will be delayed by at least another month estimate now to be August 22.
3.0 will be available over the air as a later date, subject to god willing to use his and EE airwaves!!
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

G4XUR wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:43 pm Yes just heard that my garage has "creates" of replacement batteries, but 2.4 update will be delayed by at least another month estimate now to be August 22.
3.0 will be available over the air as a later date, subject to god willing to use his and EE airwaves!!
Is it EE, I thought it was Vodafone but the info I found was very old and a bit tenuous?
Gannet15

Post by Gannet15 »

Had this drive error fault yesterday.
Was driving along normally when had to stop in queue at traffic lights. When I tried to drive off, alarm came up and car would not move, unable to select any drive mode. Eventually shut car down, exited and locked car. Got back in and could engage Drive but Drive Fault still on mini dashboard. Immediately drove to nearby workshop. Service manager came out and confirmed fault. Went back into office and booked car in for check today - on returning to car all faults had cleared!!
Car checked over today in workshop and no faults found!