List of specifications

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
stevoandhisvan

Post by stevoandhisvan »

Hi all,
I have a new ID3. When I first got it I was browsing the subjects in the entertainment module thing and came across a full list of the specifications of my car as was ordered. Unfortunately I can't find it again after scouring the menu all morning. Anyone have any ideas where it is and how to get to it from the main menu?

I got the car as a lease and am finding it difficult to get through the intermediary to the dealer. The tool kit does not have a locking nut. I have standard wheels. Is it correct that I don't need one?
It has no spare wheels and no puncture repair kit. It is a Family Performance pro.

VW have not been particularly helpful and told me I should have a spare wheel (which I don't).

Thanks in advance.

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I think someone confirmed a while back, the surprising news that for those with steel wheels, they have no locking wheel nuts - VW must think that people will pinch an alloy wheel, but not a steel one. We have 2 ID3s (a Life and a Family). Both came with a bottle of puncture sealing gunk, screw in towing eyes, an electric pump with analogue gauge, and the type 2 charging lead (and the locking wheel nut adapter, but we do have alloy wheels)
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

stevoandhisvan wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:45 pm Hi all,
I have a new ID3. When I first got it I was browsing the subjects in the entertainment module thing and came across a full list of the specifications of my car as was ordered. Unfortunately I can't find it again after scouring the menu all morning. Anyone have any ideas where it is and how to get to it from the main menu?

I got the car as a lease and am finding it difficult to get through the intermediary to the dealer. The tool kit does not have a locking nut. I have standard wheels. Is it correct that I don't need one?
It has no spare wheels and no puncture repair kit. It is a Family Performance pro.

VW have not been particularly helpful and told me I should have a spare wheel (which I don't).

Thanks in advance.
I think monkey hangar has answered half your question, but to see the spec, you can Google 'my vw' go to the VW website that comes up and log in using your weconnectID login details. There is an option within 'me vehicle' to see a long spec list.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
stevoandhisvan

Post by stevoandhisvan »

Thanks all,
I assume I have no locking nuts and that explains things. I already have a pump and a 2 bottles of gunk cost £8 on Amazon so all should be good.

Thanks for helping find the specs again.

BW
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

My life pro was the same as MH’s. But no locking wheel nut as it’s in the steels 👍
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

There is definitely no spare wheel - bottle of gunk is the preferred puncture solution to VW. There's no natural place to store a space saving spare wheel apart from chucking it in the boot.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

You can get a specification list if you log in to the myVolkswagen website.
Then click on Go to your vehicle and then on the right hand side under Equipment Details click on Go to vehicle equipment.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Newfie wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:42 pm You can get a specification list if you log in to the myVolkswagen website.
Then click on Go to your vehicle and then on the right hand side under Equipment Details click on Go to vehicle equipment.
Yes that is correct. But. Mine isn’t correct.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Scratch wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:01 pm
Newfie wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:42 pm You can get a specification list if you log in to the myVolkswagen website.

How so?
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Utumno wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:00 pm
Scratch wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:01 pm

How so?
It lists stuff not on my Life model. Can't remember what it was, but I just put it down to the usual level of VW customer information. Still like the car though.