Park assist plus (born)

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

When we ordered we opted for the tech l pack that includes park assist plus, so I assumed it would have the memory parking that id3 has, but I don’t think it does.
Has anyone got this on a Uk id3 please, and if yes how do you activate it.
Thanks in advance.
Cupra Born V2 in Vapar Grey 58kw

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Betty W wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:30 pm When we ordered we opted for the tech l pack that includes park assist plus, so I assumed it would have the memory parking that id3 has, but I don’t think it does.
Thanks in advance.
If you look up 'Battery Life' on YouTube he has done some videos showing how you use the software 3.0 features in detail.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Thank you that’s the vid I noticed it, but when I’m in park assist mode I don’t see the symbol that does the memory bit.
Wondering if it’s just reserved for Id models.

Had a look in the handbook both from car and online but it doesn’t mention park assist at all even though my car has it.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Betty W wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:42 pm Thank you that’s the vid I noticed it, but when I’m in park assist mode I don’t see the symbol that does the memory bit.
Wondering if it’s just reserved for Id models.

Had a look in the handbook both from car and online but it doesn’t mention park assist at all even though my car has it.
Must be the same crew who wrote the ID3 manual that wrote the Born manual. Cut and paste - including mistakes.
Busman

Post by Busman »

Betty W wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:30 pm When we ordered we opted for the tech l pack that includes park assist plus, so I assumed it would have the memory parking that id3 has, but I don’t think it does.
Thanks in advance.
Go into parking menu.Click start reduce speed.Parking space will be selected/located and then apply the foot brake.The car will take over .This mode is standard on all Comfort models/Style in the Republic of Ireland.
Comfort Pure 58KWH Scale Silver and Pulsar Wallbox.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I've always found these parking assistance aids a real novelty that you marvel at twice, and then do it yourself going forward, because it's quicker if you can actually parallel park.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:29 am I've always found these parking assistance aids a real novelty that you marvel at twice, and then do it yourself going forward, because it's quicker if you can actually parallel park.
When I watched the Battery Life vid I thought they looked designed to flat spot the tyres too. Wheels constantly rotating with the car on the spot and not rotating at all while moving. I could imagine the memory feature being slightly useful if you regularly parked in a space that was extremely tight, but not otherwise.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Yes it definitely parks itself, it’s the memory parking the my born is missing.
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Yes it definitely parks itself, it’s the memory parking my born is missing.
Last edited by Betty b on Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.