Small red battery

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
C Nile

Post by C Nile »

Don't know if anyone here has come across a red aa style of battery I get alternate journeys adjacent to the destination flag on the built in sat nav. Dealer has requested a piccy on my phone next time it appears. Saw it on Sunday, but not today. Will paste the image next time it appears. Don't appear to be anything to do with charging as mine has been topping up fine for over 9 months
Life Pro Performance, 58Kw, Manganese Grey,
19"Andoyas. Picked up 9 July 21 from local VW with 2.1 updated to 2.3 Oct.
7 Kw Pod Point Solo 2, now a solo 3 after new pcb fitted.

Hypercube

Post by Hypercube »

At the top right of the satnav screen? A red battery-like symbol appears there if your destination is beyond the current range of the car. It can also come and go as the predicted available range changes. For some reason the satnav seems to guess one’s destination if you haven’t entered one.
C Nile

Post by C Nile »

Thanks for the info, but 2 weeks ago in the lakes it came up on a short journey of 16 miles and had to use postcodes to get to my destination, with still about 140 supposedly left in the car
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Did you have your phone connected, it could be telling you it’s nearly flat, think from memory ours shows there.
Cupra Born V2 in Vapar Grey 58kw
smyth1492

Post by smyth1492 »

Hypercube wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:51 pm At the top right of the satnav screen? A red battery-like symbol appears there if your destination is beyond the current range of the car. It can also come and go as the predicted available range changes. For some reason the satnav seems to guess one’s destination if you haven’t entered one.
This is the behaviour I have seen. Why the satnav wants to guess my destination I don't know.
ID.3 Family Pro (May 22), Grey / East Derry alloys. Software 3.2. (2.4 dealer / 3.0 OTA / 3.1 dealer / 3.2 OTA).
PodPoint Solo charger / Car linked to Tronity for stats
C Nile

Post by C Nile »

I would have thought if the car decided it didn't have enough power to reach any distance it came up with, then the red battery which showed should be the representation of the traction battery, which is a 12v lookalike in red. Maybe this symbol could as stated be a phone strength indication. Only time will tell.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

The red 12V type battery symbol comes up when you get down to 10% SoC (amber at 20%), it's not linked to the nav.

I haven't ever noticed the warning symbol for your destination being out of range, but if you were in the Lakes could it have been to do with the coastline? The ID3 gets confused about destinations it can/can't reach near the coast, hence the often ridiculous shape of greyed out areas on the in-nav map.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Hypercube

Post by Hypercube »

Regarding automatically guessing a destination. Found this in the manual:

"If you drive an already learned route when route guidance is inactive, the destination will be transferred to the route plan. It is not necessary to actively start route guidance to the learned destination. Warnings may be given about traffic disruptions.
A forecast arrival time will be displayed."