No sound

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Mogul79

Post by Mogul79 »

Have any other ID3 owners come across this scenario, where the sound is disabled and menu shows ‘The sound settings will be made available again soon’? This occurred earlier this week on a journey, no radio, CarPlay dropping in and out of connection and no phone call audio. Tried stopping and switching it off and on again but to no avail. Having left it for around 4 hours it then worked again.

Any ideas?

71F7BF70-D4F7-4BC3-A409-79F490BCE8B0.jpeg

davidwalton

Post by davidwalton »

I've not experienced that one, which looks a bit fundamental!

I have had audio issues when connecting (not) with Android Auto. For some as-yet-unknown reason, it randomly won't play audio or it does play audio, but the volume can't be adjusted - it informs it's changing the voice-volume (voice control feedback) instead of the audio-volume. The only way I've been able to get it working again is to switch off & restart the phone, and also switch off the car for a good few minutes before switching on and connecting again.

Are you on 2.3 or 3.0 car software?
71 / 2021 ID.3 Life Pro Performance, Glacier White, Andoya Wheels
Ohme Go Smart cable / Intelligent Octopus tariff- Octopus £50 bonus referral link: https://share.octopus.energy/steel-goat-168
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I’ve had that message on the screen but the sound was working fine…
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I've not seen that screen but I've had a bug where all sound is lost with Android Auto. It seems to happen if I'm using AA and my wife's iPhone is also connected to the car via Bluetooth, someone calls her so the car pauses AA music and rings her on the infotainment, but then she disconnects Bluetooth to talk on her headset. At that point the car switches back to AA music but all sound is lost. It has happened several times now. The solution is to go in the settings menu, mobile phones and disable Android Auto on my phone then reenable it. Then it works fine.

I don't think this is your issue but I've never actually tried to look at the sound screen when it has happened, so I guess it could be. Basically, if you are using Android Auto os Carplay, try disabling and reenabling it from the infotainment settings/mobile phones menu.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Mogul79

Post by Mogul79 »

2.3 software, waiting for my dealer invitation to upgrade 🤞🏻
Swm ID.3

Post by Swm ID.3 »

Hi,

Was this issue ever resolved. I've just had it happen in my ID.3. It included no ID voice, parking sensors or indicator sound. The sound display was identical to original post.
The RovingGeneral

Post by The RovingGeneral »

I had this on Monday this week. I took it to the dealers. They disconnected the 12v battery and then did a re set. Working fine now. But they did say they were wanting my car back for an update. It had the 3.2 update already. O and my tail lights were due a recall? and were ordering a new set from Germany. this is on a 70 plate registered Dec 2020 Pro Performance.
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

I've had the sound issue, I found holding the power button for a couple of sec9nds on the stereo and switching back on forces the car user login screen which fixed it for me.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire