Accessing head unit control behind glovebox

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Abrazil338

Post by Abrazil338 »

Hello everyone, I'm trying to install a subwoofer and wanted to access the head unit control behind the glove box. I've taken the glovebox off. However I am unable to pull the control unit out completely since the trim blocks it from coming out. So my question is how do you take that trim off. I took off the 5 visible Torx screws (3 at the top and 2 at the bottom) from the trim but the trim ain't moving. Anyone got any tips on how to take out the head unit control?

Thanks

Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Just found this online,

You just need to carefully squeeze the hinge stops on the glove box door (both sides simultaneously) and fold the door down to 6 o clock position. It will then simply unhook giving access to various electronics modules.
Th infotainment module is then visible. A simple plastic latch will allow it to realise and slide forward.
Cupra Born V2 in Vapar Grey 58kw
Abrazil338

Post by Abrazil338 »

Thanks but I can get the glove box off no problem. The module easily slides out but it's not possible to pull it completely out due to the dashboard trim blocking it. I think the bit you found is for the id4.