Saving settings

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Wondering how I save the customised settings... for example if I select the 'mirror down' toggle under 'Vehicle, 'mirrors', the next time I use the car the left rear view mirror does not dip in reverse and when I check the menu the setting is set to off. I didn't press any kind of 'save' button so presume I'm doing something wrong.

Its same for the ambient lighting - it does not remember my adjustments and defaults back to white every time.

Also the a/c defaults to 22c every time I get back in the car regardless of what adjustment I make - presume there is a 'remember last setting' button I need to hit somewhere?

Really trying to figure out if its me or the car with these and some other issues (car is four days old with 3.0 software by the way).
2022 (22 plate) Pure performance 150PS - Moonstone Grey (cancelled order), standard spec.
Now Sold!!

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I'm assuming your on 3.0? This seems to be an issue that is coming up for those on the newer software version.

For the mirror down setting, it does sound like there's a further issue now, but be aware even if the setting is saved you will need, every time, to turn the mirror control switch (on the armrest) to L for the mirror to go down.

Ambient lighting? What about the preset lighting options, does it remember one of those?

A/C - Check whether you have Stat Air con set to come on when you unlock the car and what temperature it's set to. (Option is in main menu not clima)
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Thanks so much for that. Yes mirror is set to left at the start of each journey ( I have driven VAG cars for 20 years so understand their basic logic) - just seems like my ID.3 doesn't remember anything.

Yes its a four day old car with 3.00 software. May need to wait for a future a fix I guess.
2022 (22 plate) Pure performance 150PS - Moonstone Grey (cancelled order), standard spec.
Now Sold!!