Stuck in Offline Mode

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
shire-dweller

Post by shire-dweller »

G43FAN wrote: [...] Meanwhile whilst looking in the fusebox I see a strange Yellow tag [...]

Re strange yellow tag: According to the following "rescue datasheet" PDF file, pulling out the yellow tag fuse is one of 3 possible ways to "Deactivate the high-voltage system" (400V battery), which is something that should be done in the event of an accident (item 8) or submersion in water (item 7):

https://www.volkswagen.de/idhub/content ... ric_EN.pdf

By the way, the datasheet also advises how to tow an ID.3 following an accident, which involves deactivating the high-voltage system and towing on the car's front wheels rather than rear wheels (to avoid the drive axles). But in another thread, someone wrote that the parking brakes will automatically engage when the driver leaves the car. How to release the parking brakes for towing in this situation?
Split £100 with me when you switch to Octopus: https://share.octopus.energy/snow-lark-143
Split £10 with me when you join Electroverse: https://electroverse.octopus.energy/sign-up/magic?referralCode=steel-crow-18264

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

shire-dweller wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:01 am
G43FAN wrote: [...] Meanwhile whilst looking in the fusebox I see a strange Yellow tag [...]

Re strange yellow tag: According to the following "rescue datasheet" PDF file, pulling out the yellow tag fuse is one of 3 possible ways to "Deactivate the high-voltage system" (400V battery), which is something that should be done in the event of an accident (item 8) or submersion in water (item 7):

https://www.volkswagen.de/idhub/content ... ric_EN.pdf

By the way, the datasheet also advises how to tow an ID.3 following an accident, which involves deactivating the high-voltage system and towing on the car's front wheels rather than rear wheels (to avoid the drive axles). But in another thread, someone wrote that the parking brakes will automatically engage when the driver leaves the car. How to release the parking brakes for towing in this situation?
Thank you for that.. Interesting information on there.

especially Page 2 section 3. - "Instead of a radio key, it is also possible to use a key card or smartphone app."
Yossa

Post by Yossa »

Hey there, I'm on day 6 of "offline mode with SOS light green". How many of you who had this problem had to go to assistance? In how many days did it resolve itself if you didn't go to assistance?
Thx!
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

It appears to be a common problem, easiest way to fix it is to remove fuse F19 for 10 minutes without starting the car. Replace look the car and within the hour it should be back. Fuse 19 is the fifth fuse slot on the second column of the fuse box in the passenger glove compartment. The fuse pliers are in the fuse box under the bonnet. Doesn’t work for everyone but works for me
Yossa

Post by Yossa »

simonmaskell wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:55 am It appears to be a common problem, easiest way to fix it is to remove fuse F19 for 10 minutes without starting the car. Replace look the car and within the hour it should be back. Fuse 19 is the fifth fuse slot on the second column of the fuse box in the passenger glove compartment. The fuse pliers are in the fuse box under the bonnet. Doesn’t work for everyone but works for me
Yes I read about the fuse trick but don't really want to be stuck in having to remove fuse every X time... Guess I'll hear the assistance
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

I didn't do the fuse trick. Instead I contacted We Connect and they sent me a fix. They explained that the fix may need to be repeated when the server goes down. I have posted the fix previously but I suggest you open the app, click the bottom right icon, select Contact, then select Customer Care. Submit an email or phone.
Rob
Business Pro, 62KWh, 150KW, 2.1. White metallic. Wiltshire.
Yossa

Post by Yossa »

robgarth wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:49 pm I didn't do the fuse trick. Instead I contacted We Connect and they sent me a fix. They explained that the fix may need to be repeated when the server goes down. I have posted the fix previously but I suggest you open the app, click the bottom right icon, select Contact, then select Customer Care. Submit an email or phone.
Thank you, very useful info I'll try that!
Yossa

Post by Yossa »

Sent the message at 23.13, got an automated response at 23.18.... aaand this morning we're back online :)
NewId3

Post by NewId3 »

Good to see a quick resolution….
Pro Life / White / Dustbin lids
AndersG

Post by AndersG »

FWIW. Got the car Thursday, no connection, but come Saturday it had found its way home and is now in online mode.
brandnewID3owner

Post by brandnewID3owner »

Just got my new ID3 and had the same issue. Unable to load the QR-code needed to activate WeConnect, unable to download pending updates, unable to download other languages, and so on.. Tried resetting everything a hundred times with no luck. Had almost given up when I tried this, and the car suddenly pops online:

- Turn off the ignition.
- Put the car in “offline mode” on the infotainment screen.
- Go into the settings and find “Connect to WeConnect” (or something like that).
- The car then tells you you’re in offline mode and asks if you want to switch to online mode to be able to use WeConnect.
- Choose “yes”, and the car for some reason now seems to be able to go back online.

Seconds later the long gone QR-code pops up, and updates and languages are downloaded instantly. Have no idea if this works just for my car or for others too, but worth a try! Easy fix if it works :)
Gwyver

Post by Gwyver »

My new ID.3 became "stuck in offline mode" (6 days after delivery).

This persisted for several days. I tried restarting the Infotainment system several times but this didn't rectify the problem.
On Sunday I sent an message from the WeConnect.ID app to we-support@volkswagwn.de
This resulted in an auto reply message which implies that they don't do support out of office hours. :(

Next day they replied by email with the following advice:
"In case the issue persists, we kindly ask you to perform soft reset for your infotainment system by holding the ON/OFF button until the screen restarts."

... which was unhelpful given that I'd already stated that I'd reset the Infotainment system.

By that time I had already carried out the 'Fuse 19' action and successfully restored Online mode on the car.
I replied to VW's email to confirm that Online mode was now operational and explained how this had been achieved.

This is their response:
Kindly note that we do not recommend the fuse removal procedure to restore the communications of your ID.3 as among other reasons, your Onboard Communication Unit may need adjustment, a firmware update or even replacement under warranty. You may now have erased any diagnostic messages that would assist our Volkswagen workshop identify the real cause of the communication interruption. Finally, any possible real issue has only been bypassed and not been resolved.

Seems rather snippy - are we really expected to take the car back the dealer so that they can inform VW that they have yet another customer experiencing a comms firmware bug?
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Gwyver wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:45 am Seems rather snippy - are we really expected to take the car back the dealer so that they can inform VW that they have yet another customer experiencing a comms firmware bug?

Removing the fuse is a hack, dealers can reset the central control unit and the comms unit if required.

(I've done the fuse thing twice in the last year)
dodge

Post by dodge »

I lost all connectivity on Wednesday. Car would search for a connection but fail every time. The app would report last update as “Now” but the data was old. I was doing a road trip with the family so didn’t have time to sort it out but was looking to do the fuse 19 trick when I got home. Just got back, plugged into AC charge and when I went to check after an hour it gave me the option to go into Online mode. All happy with ID3 and the world again. Very strange. SOS light was green the whole time.

I have an Ioniq 5 arriving in 2 weeks so will be interesting to see what the software is like. I love the ID3 and never regret the purchase, but the software and app do have some issues.
ID3 Life Pro Performance. Andoya 19" wheels. Delivered June 2021.
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

I had an email from we connect saying they were unable to help on this occasion and the issue has been forwarded to the techs team. I had a follow up email saying they were still on the case. Still off line. Reluctant to pull fuze if it deletes the memory and therefore all evidence of errors.
Rob
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

Last night the car reconnected. I've not heard from the VW techs so it may or may not be due to them. The App is working properly, I'd previously had problems connecting to the car when charging. Looks like a reset has been done by the techs but may never know. Now I wait part 2 of the OTA update.
Rob
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Mine has been offline over the weekend - third time this has happened in a year.

If it doesn’t magically sort itself out overnight I’ll be pulling fuse 19 again.
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

My car is doing this for the first time since getting it 4 months ago (first problem), anybody else also seeing this at the moment? Just wondering if it’s server end or what is in all probability a problem with my car. SOS light is green.

Must have gone offline sometime in the early hours after last night’s charge had finished as the App knew it had been charged to 80% but that hasn’t changed since losing contact with the car, the in-car charge level and range have changed with use today.

Tried the screen reset, switching on/off etc., reluctant to pull fuse 19 until it’s had a day or two to resolve itself.
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

We have been offline and online since Friday. Can’t help but think it’s server end.
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Ah, thanks for that, think ours may well have been the same, wife says she saw an odd message about unable to get connection status Friday and yesterday.
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster