Stuck in Offline Mode

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

Thought I was the only one who suffered with the 'stuck in offline mode'.. got in my car this morning and boom stuck in offline mode.

Will have to wait until Monday to book into VW, I'm not trying any self remedies as I'm afraid to break something :D
2021 Life Pro Performance - Manganese Grey - 19" Andoyas - Software 2.3 - SOLD July 2022.

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

For me it has recovered in 2-5 days without me doing anything.
Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Thanks -selecting connect to Settings - Connect We Connect worked for me! Off line Problem resolved in seconds.
Kirkbysteve

Post by Kirkbysteve »

Having been stuck in Off line for a week I was delighted to find an instant connection this morning. Thankfully I followed the advice of other posters on here and just left the car to it’s own devices. Things resolved themselves as others have said.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I was thinking of starting an Online/Offline thread and editing my post each time the car went on and off.. I was getting week on week off but recently it was off for a week came back on the Monday and was gone (and still is) a week last wednesday again. Really quite pathetic, clearly the backend isn't there to support the users.
M100

Post by M100 »

My car went offline suddenly and said the function was not available. So I did a soft reset as advised by WeConnect support and reinstalled the app as requested. Now it tells me I’m not the primary user, even though I have logged in to the App, and that I can’t become the Primary User without doing a factory reset on the car, for which I need to be online………. Plus I have no wish to do a factory reset anyway! I am awaiting further advice from Central brain.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

G43FAN wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:56 pm I was thinking of starting an Online/Offline thread and editing my post each time the car went on and off.. I was getting week on week off but recently it was off for a week came back on the Monday and was gone (and still is) a week last wednesday again. Really quite pathetic, clearly the backend isn't there to support the users.
I have a horrible feeling I might regret saying this but I don't recall mine going offline at all in over 18 months since purchase.

It must be extremely frustrating.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Sherlock wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:21 pm
G43FAN wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:56 pm I was thinking of starting an Online/Offline thread and editing my post each time the car went on and off.. I was getting week on week off but recently it was off for a week came back on the Monday and was gone (and still is) a week last wednesday again. Really quite pathetic, clearly the backend isn't there to support the users.
I have a horrible feeling I might regret saying this but I don't recall mine going offline at all in over 18 months since purchase.

It must be extremely frustrating.
Mine went offline within the first month or so I think and I did the Fuse19 thing after a few days,. It then was about 9 months with no issues, then it started, I hardly ever use the app and it hasn't been a particular inconvenience so I don't bother anymore, just wait and see.
AndersG

Post by AndersG »

Ours went offline a while back and I had already booked an appointment at the dealer when I tried what WeSupport suggested:

Solution 2: WeConnectID Customer Service Recommendation
One VW ID user connected with customer service via his WeConnectID app and was given a procedure to follow that would fix the problem. Of the 4 solutions we have here, this one appears to be both the safest and the most effective, and is therefore the best one to try if a simple restart doesn’t work as described above.

Step 1: Sit In your car, turn the power on and then check that in your settings, “offline mode” is slide to the left.
Step 2: Press the steering wheel “off” button. On the Goodbye screen, slide “online mode” to the right.
Step 3: You will likely get a message “This function is currently unavailable. Try again later.” Press OK and move on.
Step 4: Wait a full minute (maybe slightly longer) and you should then suddenly see the “online mode” slider move to the right and the 4G symbol will reappear.
Step 5: Step out of the car and lock it, and then wait for about 10 minutes.
Step 6: Get back in your car and it should go online instantly and connect with your WeConnectID again without any problems.

That fixed it, the following day.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

AndersG wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:15 pm Ours went offline a while back and I had already booked an appointment at the dealer when I tried what WeSupport suggested:

Solution 2: WeConnectID Customer Service Recommendation
One VW ID user connected with customer service via his WeConnectID app and was given a procedure to follow that would fix the problem. Of the 4 solutions we have here, this one appears to be both the safest and the most effective, and is therefore the best one to try if a simple restart doesn’t work as described above.

Step 1: Sit In your car, turn the power on and then check that in your settings, “offline mode” is slide to the left.
Step 2: Press the steering wheel “off” button. On the Goodbye screen, slide “online mode” to the right.
Step 3: You will likely get a message “This function is currently unavailable. Try again later.” Press OK and move on.
Step 4: Wait a full minute (maybe slightly longer) and you should then suddenly see the “online mode” slider move to the right and the 4G symbol will reappear.
Step 5: Step out of the car and lock it, and then wait for about 10 minutes.
Step 6: Get back in your car and it should go online instantly and connect with your WeConnectID again without any problems.

That fixed it, the following day.
Well I have rather sceptically tried the above as my car has decided to go offline again and I really don't see how this does any thing at all. It's pretty much what anyone would do if the car vame up offline and they tried to get it online anyway. Another of the WeConnect teams fables.
johnnydisco

Post by johnnydisco »

Just happened to me for the first time in 9 months. The fuse trick worked and within 5 minutes or so of putting back in the car had 4g again.

The WeConnect app however still doesn’t connect despite removing, reinstalling and rebooting my iPhone.
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

My iD3 went offline on 26th July. when it had not come back by Friday I contacted WV support, explaining what I had done. Their proforma response asked me to do the soft reset, uninstall app etc....and send photos of status. Did as requested, precisely zero effect. Then at about 9am yesterday car was back on line, followed by an email saying "our technicians have noted your car has returned online".......not sure why they can't just say they rebooted the account at their end. Not sure why they can't incorporate a "report issue" tab in the app.
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
TerryG

Post by TerryG »

Stuck in Offline mode. Reported to VW but 3 days later and still waiting for a reply. Saw the suggested fix re taking out fuse and then waiting 30 min and replacing. Worked perfectly (but had to find out where the fuse box was first!!)

fuse-19.jpg

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Mine went offline yesterday (17th) and still offline today, happened to be passing the dealership and popped in to see if they had any clues.
I tried the fuse 19 trick but that did not clear it.
After chatting to one of the dealerships technicians we said we will see if it comes to life over the weekend.
Returned to the car only to find this time both screens black. The only thing visible was the D/B N R mode and there was an amber triangle with an exclamation mark in it which went out when you turned the car on in order to drive away.
Had to leave the car with them as they could not look at it and maybe not till next week.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

TerryG. Email We connect, it still may take a couple of days but they are the ones that can fix the problem. You'll find the email address in the app. They just sorted mine.
Rob
Business Pro, 62KWh, 150KW, 2.1. White metallic. Wiltshire.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

robgarth wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:02 pm TerryG. Email We connect, it still may take a couple of days but they are the ones that can fix the problem. You'll find the email address in the app. They just sorted mine.
We Connect are a contact centre with Zero technical ability, it;s more likely a conicidence that it came back online. Email them by all means but don't expect them to fix anything.
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

We connect have limited capability but good access to techs. They passed on my issue and got it resolved. Can't say more than that, had similar good service about a year ago.
Rob
Business Pro, 62KWh, 150KW, 2.1. White metallic. Wiltshire.