Stuck in Offline Mode

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Still offline, being drawn to the fuse box, but I have sent an email to we-support and don’t want to be told off :o
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Leccy wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:47 am Still offline, being drawn to the fuse box, but I have sent an email to we-support and don’t want to be told off :o

Contacting your dealer will probably be more effective that emailing we-support.
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Yes, agreed, after their response telling me to do what I’ve already done, I expect that will be their advise. This is what they ask in response, might save somebody time…

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services.

We are sorry to hear about the inconvenience you are currently facing with your services, however, we will be more than happy to assist you.

In order for us to escalate to our technical team, we require more information from your side. Please provide us the following information:

Since when your vehicle went to offline mode?.
Snapshot of any error messages you are getting along with timestamps.
Snapshot of the online/offline mode.
Timestamps of the last troubleshooting steps performed. If not, please press and hold the on/off button for 15 seconds or until the screen switch off. Then, try to change the offline mode to online mode. If this did not work, please provide us latest timestamps.
Colour globe icon.
Colour LED light next to SOS button.
System information (Menu > Settings > System information).
We Connect ID. app version.
Smartphone model & operating version.

We remain at your disposal around the clock, 7 days a week. You may reply to this email, or call us on our dedicated line 0800-2797508. We kindly ask, that you indicate your reference 0001009997 for a quick follow-up.

We wish you safe and pleasant journeys with your favorite Volkswagen ID.3.

Your Volkswagen team
JimG

Post by JimG »

My car has just had a full week of being offline!

Sat in it most days and found a good 4G signal but always the car was in offline mode. It drove normally and apple car play worked fine, as did air con and acc.
Just been to the shops and it suddenly offered online mode !! My We connect ID stopped working so could not ascertain charge level from inside the house. Did not realise how useful it was until not available.
A couple of You Tube videos tell you it comes back after a week.

It is becoming a Quirky vehicle! Lovely to drive but what with 2.3 and now this it is worrying what be next.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Still offline here. First time it has lasted this long.

Curiously the screen indicates it is connected, even thought it isn’t (no green times to suggested destinations)
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

I reported the same to We Connect after being off line a couple of days. They reported they couldn't solve the problem and passed it to the Techs to fix. After a week it came on line followed by a message asking me if it now worked. I think the issues are not necessarily with the car but the system, probably their end.
Rob
Business Pro, 62KWh, 150KW, 2.1. White metallic. Wiltshire.
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Interesting, my thinking it’s the car’s comms module that’s gone down is because of it’s behaviour, but would rather it was their end! For example on the goodbye screen if I use the slider there to turn online mode back on it comes up with the message “this function is currently not available, please try again later”. To me that’s the car talking about it’s own function not working rather than it trying to connect with an external service. Anyway, we’ll see, we-support have told me they have escalated to advanced techs.
Deleted User 314

Emailed We Connect support, they said the description I provided indicate a fault with the car.. (!)... 15 minutes later everything is reconnected and working as normal.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Report this to your dealer - don't waste your time with VW's own support.
Deleted User 314

scott28tt wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:30 am Report this to your dealer - don't waste your time with VW's own support.
Yeh, it's going in tomorrow for new tyres, we're taking a list of things for them to check,
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Hmmm, logged into my VW account through a browser and into the My Vehicles section and there’s the ID.3 all present and correct except there’s an alert that says “Mobile online services have been deactivated for this vehicle”

Wonder if that’s why it’s offline or that’s just referencing that I don’t have a data plan (free one has expired).
Deleted User 314

Nothing to do with that data plan, you can relax there.

However, the other, I continue to think it's VW end.
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Another surprise. I went to settings > privacy > mobile online services in the ID app and turned internet radio back on (I turned it off a few days ago to see if it stopped the annoying notifications) and the car came back online! Turning it off and back on and it repeated. The services deactivated notification in myVolkswagen account disappears and reappears too.

Going to leave well alone and see if it stays online.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Leccy wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:30 am Another surprise. I went to settings > privacy > mobile online services in the ID app and turned internet radio back on (I turned it off a few days ago to see if it stopped the annoying notifications) and the car came back online! Turning it off and back on and it repeated. The services deactivated notification in myVolkswagen account disappears and reappears too.

Going to leave well alone and see if it stays online.

I wonder whether some German software engineer looked at "Internet Radio" and decided that meant "SIM card" 😆
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Who knows, it’s very odd. I’ve let we-connect support know who were very happy for me, but didn’t answer my question as to why changing the internet radio setting would do that. I replied asking again, no answer as yet ;)
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Continued the dialogue with WeConnect support this week on the mysterious offline mode / internet radio issue my car had. This morning they asked me to take screenshots and photos of the cars online/offline state with the internet radio service on or off. I thought it was going to be a waste of time given I’d already done all that and been able to reproduce the problem at will, but did it anyway.

It only went and worked properly! Turning the internet radio mobile service off did not put the car in offline mode plus there is the added bonus that the annoying “internet radio is not available” notifications are not happening either, which is the reason I messed with the setting in the first place.

I’ll go back to them tomorrow after it’s had plenty of time to regress to let them know, also asking if they’ve changed something their end.
Deleted User 314

Fascinating!
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Leccy wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:36 pm Continued the dialogue with WeConnect support this week on the mysterious offline mode / internet radio issue my car had. This morning they asked me to take screenshots and photos of the cars online/offline state with the internet radio service on or off. I thought it was going to be a waste of time given I’d already done all that and been able to reproduce the problem at will, but did it anyway.

It only went and worked properly! Turning the internet radio mobile service off did not put the car in offline mode plus there is the added bonus that the annoying “internet radio is not available” notifications are not happening either, which is the reason I messed with the setting in the first place.

I’ll go back to them tomorrow after it’s had plenty of time to regress to let them know, also asking if they’ve changed something their end.

This sounds more and more like you had an issue on your vehicle IoT profile to me, that got fixed server-side (usually by just deleting the server-side shadow copy so the vehicles copy becomes canonical). Happens all the time in nearly every IoT network, though normally there's a customer controlled process for resetting the shadow copy to save support calls to the IoT network master (often called a master reset, factory reset, settings reset, that kind of thing)
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Thanks for that @Utumno, I’ve used it in going back to WeConnect support, makes me look like I know things 😆

The “internet radio is unavailable” notification came up this morning, maybe I didn’t see it yesterday because the car got onto our home wifi before it had a chance to come up, will go back to trying to ignore it.
Yossa

Post by Yossa »

...offline again since this morning.
Starting to wonder if it's a network problem and not a car problem... :roll: