Intelligent Octopus and OHME EPOD

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Bobday12

Post by Bobday12 »

I have recently converted to an OHME EPOD charger and had problems with integrating with Intelligent Octopus.
I followed Octopus/Ohme advice to integrate via the charger but scheduled charging fails completely as the ID3 just reports charging failure as soon as the Ohme device sets a delayed charging schedule. I have no schedules set in the ID3 and software is 3.2.

I have found that the only way forward is to delete my Ohme account and to disconnect the charger in the Octopus app. Then integrate the ID3 with Octopus ( not the charger as advised). This now works perfectly.

I guess this may be a known problem but hopefully this may help someone.

g320y

Post by g320y »

I have near identical set up (Intelligent Octopus + Ohme epod + ID3 running software 3.5) which works just fine since being installed in Jan 2024. No charge settings in the car - ohme and IO integrated following the Octopus instructions. Charge schedule set in the ohme app.
When car is plugged in it starts charging (green light on epod) for a few seconds with a "Charging session started" notification in the vw app. The epod then works out charging schedule (blue light on epod) and ohme app notification "Charging Schedule" and charging stops. I then get a "charging session completed" notification in the vw app. Between this time and the scheduled charge start time I then typically get at least one, sometimes more and sometimes none, "Charging Error" message in the VW app which seems to have no effect. At the scheduled charge time charging starts and the car charges just fine. All my experience is the "Charging Error" message has no impact and assume the car thinks becasue it is plugged in it should be charging?
So I would try the prescribed set up again and then leave it overnight to see if it works as mine does. I did find Octopus technical helpdesk were pretty good so try them too (my problem turned out to be nothing to do with epod or IO or car - local distribution network was over voltage resolved after UKPN dug half a dozen big holes in my road but that's a different story.....).
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Just stick with what you have if it is working. The Ohme app makes the VW app look brilliant, and integration with the car is imo smoother and better, but integration with Ohme has the benefit that you can do it without the API link if you wish. I do that so that I can easily charge two different cars. But otherwise if you have one way working, it's not worth switching.

More generally if your ID3 isn't waking up for scheduled charging, it can help to reset the charging control unit by briefly removing and replacing the relevant fuse. Apparently the workshop should do this after software updates but sometimes don't. It fixed the issue for me. I can't remember now exactly which fuse it is but could find it on Facebook if someone really wants to know.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22). Also an ID.4 Max. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

Bobday12 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:09 am I have recently converted to an OHME EPOD charger and had problems with integrating with Intelligent Octopus.
I followed Octopus/Ohme advice to integrate via the charger but scheduled charging fails completely as the ID3 just reports charging failure as soon as the Ohme device sets a delayed charging schedule. I have no schedules set in the ID3 and software is 3.2.

I have found that the only way forward is to delete my Ohme account and to disconnect the charger in the Octopus app. Then integrate the ID3 with Octopus ( not the charger as advised). This now works perfectly.

I guess this may be a known problem but hopefully this may help someone.
Yes. That’s what works for me too.
ID.3 1st. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
ID.7 ordered May 2024.