Navigation with full postcode

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
onthek

Post by onthek »

Hi all

My id.3 arrived just before Christmas and I have also been upgraded to the "0783" software. However in both versions of the software I am unable to get it to recognize a full postcode (with or without a space). As soon as I enter the full postcode, the car only detects this as a set of latitude and longitude co-ordinates. Although the navigation to that location could work, I would not be sure I am going to the correct address since the street name is not derived.

Anyone else have a similar issue or know how to enter a full postcode?

Many thanks
Roger

OllyExeterID3

Post by OllyExeterID3 »

I have had a similar issue with no workaround yet, I find recognising locations very difficult actually - many that would be ok in our last car don't seem to recognise. Would be interested to know if anyone has found a workaround or a way that works better?
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

When I first got my ID.3 I stored a number of favourite locations, all of which are in the correct place on the maps.

However for some of them when I try to get directions, system says "Can't calculate route" and on the start graph show as 0min from my current location.

So I have to find a nearby location and route to that instead.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
onthek

Post by onthek »

My workaround is now to use Google Maps within Apple CarPlay. This is quite easy since the connection is wireless and the phone can also be wirelessly charged whilst in use. But I would prefer that the VW navigation also worked. My VW dealer reported my issue today after trying to figure it out themselves - I’ll post here if they find a solution.
hungerdunger

Post by hungerdunger »

I'd never used Android Auto until we bought the ID.3, but I'm impressed with it, especially voice commands.

I tried "Navigate to the Ionity charger at Cullompton Services" on the built-in Sat Nav and it didn't understand at all, while Android Auto brought it up straightaway. Even simpler commands to the built-in one come up with bizarre suggestions.
ID.3 1st Edition - Manganese Grey - purchased 15/12/20.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

CarPlay and AndroidAuto are nice workarounds, once you have the software on your car which enables them - most will not til they get the 2.1 software in the next couple of months. Plus, that’s at the expense of the ID light helping with the directions.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

The navigation system is singularly useless. I cannot get it to recognise my home address but if I am parked outside my house it correctly identifies which road I'm on. Garages are 3-5 years out of date but correct on all other platforms, even Apple Maps (!). The Navigation system is the most disappointing part of this car, software issues I can deal with - a SatNav system from the 2000s, I can't.
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

Every time I get near home my nav system announces "Caution: limited access ahead" - really annoying! I think I might have to move house... or at least where the nave system thinks my house is.
Generally, i have very little time for VW nav systems, my Passat decided that Rugby was a nice place to be and always seemed to locate me there. I thought things would be better with my California but it is slow, clunky and often inaccurate, despite loading the latest maps. I resorted to Google maps or Waze through Carplay in the end.