Cannot engage drive or reverse

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Foxdeen wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:02 pm Pining for my ID3 (purchased June 2021) which has been in the dealer's workshop for OVER A MONTH now with this problem. :x All fine until then, plenty of trouble-free use, but workshop seems to be completely baffled. Frustratingly little info and response to my requests for status updates after all this time. Struggling to recommend ID3 to friends and neighbours interested in going fully electric...

Have they replaced the drive selector?

Foxdeen

Post by Foxdeen »

They haven't mentioned that so far. Told me a week ago they had replaced "control units" but then found they could not code, and as of today apparently still no further despite ongoing support from VW central. Awaiting next recommendations...?!
Foxdeen

Post by Foxdeen »

Reunited at last! Collected my ID3 from the dealer/workshop yesterday, now running smoothly (and beautifully valeted!). That was a bit of a long haul, but after initial phase of patchy communications the dealership has kept me well informed, provided a courtesy car all this time, and - fingers crossed! - got to the bottom of what was evidently a challenging set of symptoms. Humming around happily today and remembering all the reasons I chose the ID3 rather than comparable options from other manufacturers. :-)
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Excellent news!!!