Turning the Screen Off, but leaving the radio on

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Samboii

Post by Samboii »

Can you turn the radio on but leave the screen off?

When you leave you finger on the power button the screen turns off (and leaves you with a clock) but it also turns the radio off. Can you override this?
Very Proud Owner of an id3 Tour in Magnesium Grey with some wheels.

simonrg

Post by simonrg »

Samboii wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:48 pm Can you turn the radio on but leave the screen off?

When you leave you finger on the power button the screen turns off (and leaves you with a clock) but it also turns the radio off. Can you override this?
Edited - "sorry I misread the questions - as Scott says instructions for leaving screen on turning radio off - not the opposite as requested" - Yes "to turn off radio and keep on screen", just tap the power button and the radio should turn off, leaving the screen on.
Last edited by simonrg on Tue May 11, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I don’t think so, but you can do the opposite by doing what is in the reply above.

Maybe just turn the brightness down as low as it goes?
Kyp

Post by Kyp »

I need the answer to this question too.

I do a lot of night driving and any light from the infocentre is really distracting and after an hour gives me eye ache.
All my previous cars had a "turn display off" mode that left the radio on and the verbal GPS instructions.
Samboii

Post by Samboii »

Sadly it looks like the id3 doesn’t have a “turn off screen” but leave the radio on mode…. Maybe that will come in time!
Very Proud Owner of an id3 Tour in Magnesium Grey with some wheels.
zedmano

Post by zedmano »

can you turn the "welcome " screen off at car start up