ACC "Ready to Start" timeout?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
RobM

Post by RobM »

Hi,

I have a first edition, which has now seen all software revisions up to 2.1. Throughout all of the software upgrades, I've never noticed any change to the timeout which the ACC system uses before refusing to re-start in traffic.

[Scenario: you follow a traffic jam in ACC mode, which brings you to a complete halt. You get the message "ACC: Ready to Start" (or something very similar). If the traffic moves on within a certain timeout period, the vehicle will re-start from rest. If not, the message disappears, and it's up to you to re-start the vehicle]

Here's the question:

I had a Pro edition as a courtesy car, and the timeout was significantly different to my own vehicle's. Mine uses something close to 10s as the timeout. The courtesy Pro edition had a timeout of approximately one minute. A 6x difference. Yet I can't find any way for a user to set this, and the difference can't be software revisions, as mine has had all software revisions either side of that installed in the courtesy Pro edition.

Can anybody shed any light on that?!

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Mine times out at about 10 seconds - unchanged since I got 2.1. I can't see any way of changing this time.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I wasn't aware it timed out.. I'll have to pay more attention.
stevieboy

Post by stevieboy »

Mine is about 10 seconds. Also after about a 2 minutes stationary the parking brake comes on and you have to reselect drive.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Stone washed Blue | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | Wallbox Home Charger
HenryBaker

Post by HenryBaker »

I read in another more recent thread that this depends on whether you have Traffic Assist or not. I take it this comes with higher spec models. In standard ACC the ACC switches off in this scenario after a few seconds and you must accelerate yourself at this point. I am guessing that that the courtesy car had the Traffic Assist feature.