New iOS App update - V 1.17.0

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Definitely not there on the iPhone

aircon2.jpg

simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

I have had a reply from VW, they are working on restoring it, just didn’t say what year that would be
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Hahaha
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

hungerdunger wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:03 pm I'm also on Android and can confirm that the control for heated seats has been there since we bought the car last December, and is still there. Tap on the vehicle icon at the bottom of the screen, then Air Conditioning.
I presume you get this screen

Screenshot_20210702-100348.jpg

There is nothing in there turning on or off my heated seats? Looking at the info online and also the app, I get the impression there should be some element of control, but the seats do not get activated by this.
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

That’s what it looks like in 1.16 in 1.17 the screen is different and that view is no longer available. In 1.16 it did work on my iPhone. Guess it’s just the crappy app in general, sending destinations via the app is a lottery, connection to the car also for air conditioning. Basically they just need to sort it out although they tell me there are complex and multiple systems involved. It always surprises me though(because this is not just a VW issue)that someone doesn’t ask the question, when someone much cleverer than me has come up with a fantastic update to an app, have we checked it works.

Or is that just me
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

The picture shows a lhd model which is the same picture as mine in the uk , my question is if i set the heated seat on the left side will it set the left seat or will it switch it automatically to the drivers seat?
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
Kaygee

Post by Kaygee »

G43FAN wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:46 am I'm on Android and can't recall there ever being a control for the heated seats!!!!

It's also not been updated in a while as far as I know.
I'm also on Android and have never had the heated seats show. Mine does not even show the correct vehicle colour, wheels etc. As for sending destinations from the app to the car it has been hit and miss. Android is on version 1.14.0
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

If i in to car click on air conditioning i get a picture of a lhd car with circles on the seats, click on these and the heated seats should come on
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

Your getting that on version 1.17 of the app?
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

simonmaskell wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:41 pm Your getting that on version 1.17 of the app?
No apologies I have added confusion by bringing Android into the thread when it is clearly about iOS. Perhaps the Android users need to move to a dedicated post.
KeithR

Post by KeithR »

I’m still on 1.16 - is this supposed to be an automatic upgrade or do I have to do something?
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

KeithR wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:27 am I’m still on 1.16 - is this supposed to be an automatic upgrade or do I have to do something?

Same process as updating any other iOS app: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202180
DSB18

Post by DSB18 »

Slightly off topic but can I ask how you change the picture of the car to your colour car, mine still shows white.
Thanks
ID.3 Makena turquoise Business Pro
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

Log out of the WeConnect ID app and then log back in
DSB18

Post by DSB18 »

Thanks
ID.3 Makena turquoise Business Pro
Deleted User 192

DSB18 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:29 am Slightly off topic but can I ask how you change the picture of the car to your colour car, mine still shows white.
Thanks

It happened immediately after the 1.17 update for me, but others have said they had to logout and log back in.
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

Hi
The iOS app update hasn’t automatically come on my phone, not sure why I’ve had other updates in other apps.
Is there something I need to do or should I just leave it.
On a separate note I’ve just seen a you tube video about a major update for the car coming end July and it looks like we will have to leave the car parked up for 4 hours as well as doing some other stuff.
Modern driving is getting quite complicated for an oldie like me lol😀
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

Follow these steps
1)open App Store
2) click on profile in top right hand corner may be a picture of you if you have added it to your profile
3) drag screen down from top to refresh
4) you should then see all the app updates available
5) click on update all

That should do it
Deleted User 192

Warminster id wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:09 am The iOS app update hasn’t automatically come on my phone, not sure why I’ve had other updates in other apps.
Is there something I need to do or should I just leave it.

I posted this above: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202180
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

Thanks scott it’s on now.
Only really use it for checking the charge level ( I only use public chargers )
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car