WeCharge Map and Nav System Questions

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

I'm probably being dense, but here are two issues:

1) You can send locations from the WeCharge App map to your car (if it is in online mode) - YAY! But it appears you can send only one at a time, as the car doesn't queue them but just keeps the last one you sent - NAY! Am I doing something wrong, or is that really how it works? Earlier I sent myself six charger locations, and only the last one popped up in the screen when I got into the car.
2) When you want to save these locations as favourites, the name of the location is greyed out, and you have to type a new name before you can save. Is that intentional (and if it is, why???? No really, why?????)?
3) Not really an issue, but it seems the UK ID.3 NavSystem is pandemic-friendly, in that it does recognize 22 Ionity charger sites inside the UK, if you enter 'Ionity' in the nav system search, and 0 (zero) outside the UK. You need to look for those by adding at least part of the location (e.g. "Ionity Piacenza"). I get it, we should stay home...

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

1. Yes
2. Haven't done it myself
3. Haven't tried that
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Well, I take it room for software improvement is always a good thing!

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)