ID3 Software Update v2.3

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I recall seeing previous comments about many country roads, despite being national speed limit, showing as 30mph.

DHail

Post by DHail »

9A06F046-385F-4FFE-A90A-A218FC8A40D4.jpeg

My second part install has yet to Start as the button is not selectable? Previously the Start was green to select. Nothing happens when I press it so I’m stuck with what to do… any ideas?
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

DHail wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:44 pm 9A06F046-385F-4FFE-A90A-A218FC8A40D4.jpegMy second part install has yet to Start as the button is not selectable? Previously the Start was green to select. Nothing happens when I press it so I’m stuck with what to do… any ideas?
I think it's already been suggested that installing via the goodbye screen is the most reliable route. If you've not yet got an install option there, it may just be that the update has not downloaded fully?
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515
DHail

Post by DHail »

Thanks. That was from the goodbye screen. I feel stuck now with a partial download and no idea how to get the rest to make it work. Nothing ever seems straightforward.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

DHail wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:03 am Thanks. That was from the goodbye screen. I feel stuck now with a partial download and no idea how to get the rest to make it work. Nothing ever seems straightforward.

That's not from the goodbye screen, it's the hidden service menu that you get when you hold down the home button...
luckypants

Post by luckypants »

You have one blob of 4G in the photo above. I've read (on VW website I think) that you need a good internet connection. Have your tried running the update in stronger signal area?
VW ID.4 Honey Yellow
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

just been advised by We Connect that I need to take the car and park it in an area with at least 3 bars of 4G. They also said the car would poll for the update once a week but could not tell me when in the week this would be!
They also suggested that their 'tools' showed that the car's 'server' had already got the update and I needed to go to the updates in system information (I'd already sent them a photo of that and it's empty).

I'm starting to wonder whether their system thinks my car already has the download and so won't push it out again. (just speculating)
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

G43FAN wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:09 pm They also said the car would poll for the update once a week but could not tell me when in the week this would be!
This is true, they don't know. The actually weekly poll day/time is actually set as part of the build process from a range of factors, and only the car knows it. And no, you can't change it.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
EagleID3

Post by EagleID3 »

My ID3 was received in early September this year and I still haven't received the email asking for approval to update to 2.3. I followed up with the We Connect support email to ask when this would be coming and received the following reply. Does this sound correct?

"Please be informed that the "Over the Air update" is offered only for the first movers.
Our internal systems indicate that you are not a first mover and that your vehicle is not entitled for the "Over the Air update"."
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

No it doesn't sound right now, it would have a while ago. Have you registered yourself, your email and your car via the WeConnect ID app?
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
Deleted User 192

EagleID3 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:15 am My ID3 was received in early September this year and I still haven't received the email asking for approval to update to 2.3. I followed up with the We Connect support email to ask when this would be coming and received the following reply. Does this sound correct?

"Please be informed that the "Over the Air update" is offered only for the first movers.
Our internal systems indicate that you are not a first mover and that your vehicle is not entitled for the "Over the Air update"."

It WAS only for First Movers, back in July/August.

It's now applicable to every owner, every vehicle.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... e-2-3.html

Try emailing iddirect@volkswagen.de
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

That email that Scott shared works, they will tell you your status. Ask if you a registered for the update.

And remember to email from the account you have registered with the car 😀
EagleID3

Post by EagleID3 »

Yes all registered. I will push again on this.
rawws

Post by rawws »

Got car in September too also not recieved any email or 2.3 currently on 2.1, emailed them got response below

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused due to the long wait, however, rest assured that you will receive the Over the Air Update in your ID.3 one of the following days, as the update is being distributed in waves.

The roll-out of the over-the-air updates for the customer vehicles takes place in waves (end of Q3/beginning Q4). It is not possible to determine in advance for which time-slot your vehicle will be assigned. An e-mail is sent to the customers where an active consent of the customer is required. The basic requirement for an over-the-air update for ID.3 and ID.4 vehicles is the consent of the customer.

After the customer's consent, it may take up to 6 weeks for the update to be available.

We hope for your understanding and would like to thank you for your patience on the matter.
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw
G4XUR

Post by G4XUR »

I see 3,0 is out in Jan 22.
rawws

Post by rawws »

G4XUR wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:00 pm I see 3,0 is out in Jan 22.
Well maybe there are skipping 2.3 and will just rollout v3
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Doubt it, an update will usually depend on a previous update, like 2.3 depended on 2.1, would imagine 3.0 will depend on 2.3.
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Far as I’m aware VW have not announced a rollout date for 3.0, but I think have announced that 2.3 will need to be installed before 3.0 will deliver OTA.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Deleted User 192

Official source?
Deleted User 192

rawws wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:59 pm
Well maybe there are skipping 2.3 and will just rollout v3

2.3 is a pre-req.