ID3 Software Update v2.3

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
DHail

Post by DHail »

Thanks. I’d seen your post but weirdly my ID light seems the same as before so far…

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

DHail wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:04 am Thanks. I’d seen your post but weirdly my ID light seems the same as before so far…

The most obvious new thing in 2.3 is efficiency assist.

Prior to 2.3, you will always have had symbols appearing in the top-left of the steering wheel display advising you to ease off the power pedal as there was a junction or bend coming up.

Now those same symbols will be accompanied by a light blue block in front of the driver only on the ID. Light.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Since the update I find my car doesnt coast as long and freely as it did before in D.
You can feel the de acceleration but so slight it doesn't register on the green battery regen bar.
Im going to check tyre pressures today having adjusted them last in the height of the Summer.
In D now it drives more like an ICE auto with little engine breaking!!!
Something is different!
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
radar

Post by radar »

ID3 1st edition , my car is now 12 months old, all was well until recently had warning triangles and Lane assist inoperative warnings, happened twice and after a short drive righted itself, this week on all the time , called my dealer and it is now in to rectify the fault , and asked for installation of the 2.3 software update. I have had to leave the car over the weekend as they said they had done part 1 and would take several hours to complete? So holding my breath for the call on Monday to pick up. Some confusion as to whether I have to complete the installation at home. They first said I would have to install 2.3 at home but when I tried it would not go through. Some clarity and instructions from VW would not be too much to ask. I note my We Charge app on my phone has today updated. I will let you know the result.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

scott28tt wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:26 am
DHail wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:04 am Thanks. I’d seen your post but weirdly my ID light seems the same as before so far…

The most obvious new thing in 2.3 is efficiency assist.

Prior to 2.3, you will always have had symbols appearing in the top-left of the steering wheel display advising you to ease off the power pedal as there was a junction or bend coming up.

Now those same symbols will be accompanied by a light blue block in front of the driver only on the ID. Light.
I didi wonder what the significance of the new blue light flashing ul every so often was, I didn't make that connection at all.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Daveion wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:10 am Since the update I find my car doesnt coast as long and freely as it did before in D.
You can feel the de acceleration but so slight it doesn't register on the green battery regen bar.
Im going to check tyre pressures today having adjusted them last in the height of the Summer.
Something is different!
I only drive in D mode. For me, the regen is still kicking in when approaching a roundabout or junction, or when using ACC and the cars in front slow down and the autobraking kicks in to maintain distance.

I've driven about 800 miles over the last week, most of it on the motorway and the only thing I've really noticed is far fewer false sign recognition changes in speed I'd attribute to signs seen on sliproads I didn't take or the motorway passing under a slower road and GPS/satnav picking up on the slower road (presumably)...and that mysterious blue light that Scott has talked about above.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:42 pm
Daveion wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:10 am Since the update I find my car doesnt coast as long and freely as it did before in D.
Something is different!
I only drive in D mode. For me, the regen is still kicking in when approaching a roundabout or junction, or when using ACC and the cars in front slow down and the autobraking kicks in to maintain distance.

I've driven about 800 miles over the last week, most of it on the motorway and the only thing I've really noticed is far fewer false sign recognition changes in speed I'd attribute to signs seen on sliproads I didn't take or the motorway passing under a slower road and GPS/satnav picking up on the slower road (presumably)...and that mysterious blue light that Scott has talked about above.
I only experience auto regen in D if I have EcoAssist on. After 10 months I drive 95% in Comfort D and feel sure coasting has changed in some minor way on my car.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
G4XUR

Post by G4XUR »

Well all done and the most important update/correction is that when I open the right hand drivers door the correct symbol illuminates on the dash. Well done WV at last!!!
Deleted User 192

radar wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:07 am ID3 1st edition , my car is now 12 months old, all was well until recently had warning triangles and Lane assist inoperative warnings, happened twice and after a short drive righted itself, this week on all the time , called my dealer and it is now in to rectify the fault , and asked for installation of the 2.3 software update. I have had to leave the car over the weekend as they said they had done part 1 and would take several hours to complete? So holding my breath for the call on Monday to pick up. Some confusion as to whether I have to complete the installation at home. They first said I would have to install 2.3 at home but when I tried it would not go through. Some clarity and instructions from VW would not be too much to ask. I note my We Charge app on my phone has today updated. I will let you know the result.

If the dealer does it they have to get approval from VW to process the work as a warranty claim, or they don’t get paid - they may also need VW to approve your VIN for the update.

Hence why dealers are not “supposed” to do it, but rely on the OTA process for us to be self-sufficient.
JimG

Post by JimG »

Received the update yesterday, 30, Oct.like others had the error messages, then download 1, then download 2. All went well, so this afternoon had a drive in the Countryside!
Driving on a 50mph road heard a ping and notification I had exceeded the speed limit by 2 mph. Not too anxious!
Got out into the countryside and saw the road speed showing 30 mph on the drivers screen, despite the fact no road signs and the road known to be national speed limit.pushed the speed up and no ping or warning, just showing showing 30 mph road sign as the speed limit.
Anyone experienced the same thing and does it go away?
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I recall seeing previous comments about many country roads, despite being national speed limit, showing as 30mph.
DHail

Post by DHail »

9A06F046-385F-4FFE-A90A-A218FC8A40D4.jpeg

My second part install has yet to Start as the button is not selectable? Previously the Start was green to select. Nothing happens when I press it so I’m stuck with what to do… any ideas?
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

DHail wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:44 pm 9A06F046-385F-4FFE-A90A-A218FC8A40D4.jpegMy second part install has yet to Start as the button is not selectable? Previously the Start was green to select. Nothing happens when I press it so I’m stuck with what to do… any ideas?
I think it's already been suggested that installing via the goodbye screen is the most reliable route. If you've not yet got an install option there, it may just be that the update has not downloaded fully?
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515
DHail

Post by DHail »

Thanks. That was from the goodbye screen. I feel stuck now with a partial download and no idea how to get the rest to make it work. Nothing ever seems straightforward.
Deleted User 192

DHail wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:03 am Thanks. That was from the goodbye screen. I feel stuck now with a partial download and no idea how to get the rest to make it work. Nothing ever seems straightforward.

That's not from the goodbye screen, it's the hidden service menu that you get when you hold down the home button...
luckypants

Post by luckypants »

You have one blob of 4G in the photo above. I've read (on VW website I think) that you need a good internet connection. Have your tried running the update in stronger signal area?
VW ID.4 Honey Yellow
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

just been advised by We Connect that I need to take the car and park it in an area with at least 3 bars of 4G. They also said the car would poll for the update once a week but could not tell me when in the week this would be!
They also suggested that their 'tools' showed that the car's 'server' had already got the update and I needed to go to the updates in system information (I'd already sent them a photo of that and it's empty).

I'm starting to wonder whether their system thinks my car already has the download and so won't push it out again. (just speculating)
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

G43FAN wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:09 pm They also said the car would poll for the update once a week but could not tell me when in the week this would be!
This is true, they don't know. The actually weekly poll day/time is actually set as part of the build process from a range of factors, and only the car knows it. And no, you can't change it.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
EagleID3

Post by EagleID3 »

My ID3 was received in early September this year and I still haven't received the email asking for approval to update to 2.3. I followed up with the We Connect support email to ask when this would be coming and received the following reply. Does this sound correct?

"Please be informed that the "Over the Air update" is offered only for the first movers.
Our internal systems indicate that you are not a first mover and that your vehicle is not entitled for the "Over the Air update"."
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

No it doesn't sound right now, it would have a while ago. Have you registered yourself, your email and your car via the WeConnect ID app?
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster