ID3 Software Update v2.3

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

Just coming up for a year with our id.3 - no 2.3 yet... otherwise I think it's a wonderful car

snagglepuss

Post by snagglepuss »

Me too, I love driving it.
If the software was sorted it would be excellent...👍
iD3 1st edition Plus 58kWh Glacier White Metallic - Black Roof
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

Nothing here either. I received a newsletter email, the last article telling us about 'connect to more' which includes the in car shop. Here is the link from the article. Left me asking more questions than it gave answers. ☹️

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/connect ... nnect.html.
Rob
Business Pro, 62KWh, 150KW, 2.1. White metallic. Wiltshire.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

robgarth wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:14 pm Nothing here either. I received a newsletter email, the last article telling us about 'connect to more' which includes the in car shop. Here is the link from the article. Left me asking more questions than it gave answers. ☹️

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/connect ... nnect.html.

Only the We Connect ID. section of that page is currently relevant, once there's a shop you'll see a Shop icon in the infotainment system - but this is not coming with 2.3.
mach1ne

Post by mach1ne »

Abadgermac wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:21 am I had the same experience, so locked the car and returned 30 mins later and it is now downloading. Started at 10am, it's now 12:20 and 66% has now downloaded. Then the installation will take all afternoon. Just as well I don't need the any more today!
Where do I find the info on what version I'm on? I only see this on my ID3.

IMG_20210915_161700.jpg

Deleted User 192

Software: 0792 means you have 2.1

Once 2.3 is fully installed that same entry would show 0910 plus there's a new ID. Software category at the top of the screen which would show 2.3.0.
mach1ne

Post by mach1ne »

scott28tt wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:22 pm Software: 0792 means you have 2.1

Once 2.3 is fully installed that same entry would show 0910 plus there's a new ID. Software category at the top of the screen which would show 2.3.0.
Thanks for the info...it's annoying as it was in the VW garage about 4 weeks ago and I asked to make sure the software was all up to date...they obviously didn't bother then :roll:
Deleted User 192

mach1ne wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:34 pm Thanks for the info...it's annoying as it was in the VW garage about 4 weeks ago and I asked to make sure the software was all up to date...they obviously didn't bother then :roll:

Yes they did, 2.1 is the most recent software which is generally available.

New cars are appearing with 2.3, I have it on mine as I volunteered to receive it early, but it's not released to the masses yet.

They'd have to put in a warranty claim with VW in order to be paid to do it, and it's due to go out as an OTA update anyway.
mach1ne

Post by mach1ne »

scott28tt wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:03 pm
mach1ne wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:34 pm Thanks for the info...it's annoying as it was in the VW garage about 4 weeks ago and I asked to make sure the software was all up to date...they obviously didn't bother then :roll:

New cars are appearing with 2.3, I have it on mine as I volunteered to receive it early, but it's not released to the masses yet.

They'd have to put in a warranty claim with VW in order to be paid to do it, and it's due to go out as an OTA update anyway.
What happened to 2.2? :D
I'll just have to be patient and wait...
Deleted User 1426

Post by Deleted User 1426 »

Does anyone know how long the update takes?

Just had a call (4pm) from VW to let me know that my car might not be ready to pick up from the dealer tomorrow at 1pm because it has just started a SW update (presumably 2.3). Surely it takes less than 21 hours, but maybe you need to acknowledge a couple of times to get the update going?

Bob
mach1ne

Post by mach1ne »

Cyclobob wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:17 pm Does anyone know how long the update takes?

Just had a call (4pm) from VW to let me know that my car might not be ready to pick up from the dealer tomorrow at 1pm because it has just started a SW update (presumably 2.3). Surely it takes less than 21 hours, but maybe you need to acknowledge a couple of times to get the update going?

Bob
There's a little guy under the bonnet with a laptop typing all the code in line by line🤣
Deleted User 1426

Post by Deleted User 1426 »

From what the dealership said, there must be a little man at the VW datacentre in Germany typing the code in line by line! They said it was going to be connected to the VW mainframe, but mainframes went out of use back in the 90's so who knows? Doesn't sound like the dealer does...
mach1ne

Post by mach1ne »

Cyclobob wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:24 pm From what the dealership said, there must be a little man at the VW datacentre in Germany typing the code in line by line! They said it was going to be connected to the VW mainframe, but mainframes went out of use back in the 90's so who knows? Doesn't sound like the dealer does...
They probably connect to the mainframe using a 56k modem...
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

300 baud acoustic coupler more like.
Deleted User 192

mach1ne wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:09 pm
scott28tt wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:03 pm

What happened to 2.2? :D
I'll just have to be patient and wait...

2.2 was an update for the ID.4 only.
Deleted User 192

Cyclobob wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:17 pm Does anyone know how long the update takes?

Bob

When it happens OTA there are 2 parts, the first takes up to 1 hour to install once it has downloaded vie the eSIM, the second is larger and takes up to 3 hours to install once downloaded.

No idea if the dealer-based process is the same or different.

That’s assuming they’re doing 2.3.

When was your car built?
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Anduain wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:34 pm 300 baud acoustic coupler more like.

Paper cups and damp string, more like.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
DSB18

Post by DSB18 »

Had a message this morning saying software update do I want to view information, I was driving so didn't press anything.
When I got back in the car the message had disappeared and there was not information on the update page.
Did this mean that the update has been applied? the version number is the same, just wondering if this was the first part of 2.3
ID.3 Makena turquoise Business Pro
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

DSB18 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:58 am Had a message this morning saying software update do I want to view information, I was driving so didn't press anything.
When I got back in the car the message had disappeared and there was not information on the update page.
Did this mean that the update has been applied? the version number is the same, just wondering if this was the first part of 2.3
Had the same yesterday. Message comes up, filling the whole screen, couldn't read it (presume it needed consent to continue). As I was driving, couldn't scroll to end and continue. Pressed the squarebutton to be able to see other infotainment info and it was gone. Not back this morning.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Probably the WeCharge app being downloaded?