ID3 Software Update v2.3

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
RollingJ

Post by RollingJ »

Beginning to think this ain't never going to happen! :-(

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

I’m waiting for 2.4 not 2.3 😀😀😀

I figured I’ve missed the 2.3 slow boat.
bowsh123

Post by bowsh123 »

Nothing here either... I hope all updates wont be this slow to roll out, imagine waiting months for your phone or laptop to update!
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

I do sometimes wonder how VW can be so awful at software. Can't they just pay Apple or some other company to design the software for them? Perhaps then they could do software updates with some certainty that they will work and they would also be able to upgrade people at roughly the same time rather than having this length of time to get people's cars updated.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Well, as much as i'd like to pile on, I'm certain they'd release if it's ready. They did the right thing rolling out to a limited group to perform testing, they've clearly found issues, either delivery or in the update so taking their time.

What I think is bad is their lack of communication, it would earn them a lot of credit if they said "after the limited roll out we identified a few issues requiring further testing, next roll out attempt mid September" etc.

We're all impatient for new goodies they could use that to generate interaction and community instead of irritation and anger :)
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

gailjon wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:14 pm I do sometimes wonder how VW can be so awful at software. Can't they just pay Apple or some other company to design the software for them? Perhaps then they could do software updates with some certainty that they will work and they would also be able to upgrade people at roughly the same time rather than having this length of time to get people's cars updated.

They had originally outsourced it, but brought it in-house to help stabilise and speed up the processes - it will take time for that to bear fruit, they've said they will deliver an update every quarter going forward so they need to get 2.3 OTA rolling...
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

VW website has now been updated with instructions for 2.3 update. So assume can’t be long now till rollout
Deleted User 192

simonmaskell wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:02 pm VW website has now been updated with instructions for 2.3 update. So assume can’t be long now till rollout

Here’s the direct link: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... e-2-3.html
BEN44R

Post by BEN44R »

Any one had the email from VW (general release of 2.3 software) yet in UK? German members on meinid.com forum are posting “ received email for consent for update” hopefully things will start moving here as well.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey, Wheels 18" East Derry
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Nope…. Expect I’m way down the pecking order!!
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

Just coming up for a year with our id.3 - no 2.3 yet... otherwise I think it's a wonderful car
snagglepuss

Post by snagglepuss »

Me too, I love driving it.
If the software was sorted it would be excellent...👍
iD3 1st edition Plus 58kWh Glacier White Metallic - Black Roof
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

Nothing here either. I received a newsletter email, the last article telling us about 'connect to more' which includes the in car shop. Here is the link from the article. Left me asking more questions than it gave answers. ☹️

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/connect ... nnect.html.
Rob
Business Pro, 62KWh, 150KW, 2.1. White metallic. Wiltshire.
Deleted User 192

robgarth wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:14 pm Nothing here either. I received a newsletter email, the last article telling us about 'connect to more' which includes the in car shop. Here is the link from the article. Left me asking more questions than it gave answers. ☹️

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/connect ... nnect.html.

Only the We Connect ID. section of that page is currently relevant, once there's a shop you'll see a Shop icon in the infotainment system - but this is not coming with 2.3.
mach1ne

Post by mach1ne »

Abadgermac wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:21 am I had the same experience, so locked the car and returned 30 mins later and it is now downloading. Started at 10am, it's now 12:20 and 66% has now downloaded. Then the installation will take all afternoon. Just as well I don't need the any more today!
Where do I find the info on what version I'm on? I only see this on my ID3.

IMG_20210915_161700.jpg

Deleted User 192

Software: 0792 means you have 2.1

Once 2.3 is fully installed that same entry would show 0910 plus there's a new ID. Software category at the top of the screen which would show 2.3.0.
mach1ne

Post by mach1ne »

scott28tt wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:22 pm Software: 0792 means you have 2.1

Once 2.3 is fully installed that same entry would show 0910 plus there's a new ID. Software category at the top of the screen which would show 2.3.0.
Thanks for the info...it's annoying as it was in the VW garage about 4 weeks ago and I asked to make sure the software was all up to date...they obviously didn't bother then :roll:
Deleted User 192

mach1ne wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:34 pm Thanks for the info...it's annoying as it was in the VW garage about 4 weeks ago and I asked to make sure the software was all up to date...they obviously didn't bother then :roll:

Yes they did, 2.1 is the most recent software which is generally available.

New cars are appearing with 2.3, I have it on mine as I volunteered to receive it early, but it's not released to the masses yet.

They'd have to put in a warranty claim with VW in order to be paid to do it, and it's due to go out as an OTA update anyway.
mach1ne

Post by mach1ne »

scott28tt wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:03 pm
mach1ne wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:34 pm Thanks for the info...it's annoying as it was in the VW garage about 4 weeks ago and I asked to make sure the software was all up to date...they obviously didn't bother then :roll:

Yes they did, 2.1 is the most recent software which is generally available.

New cars are appearing with 2.3, I have it on mine as I volunteered to receive it early, but it's not released to the masses yet.

They'd have to put in a warranty claim with VW in order to be paid to do it, and it's due to go out as an OTA update anyway.
What happened to 2.2? :D
I'll just have to be patient and wait...
Deleted User 1426

Post by Deleted User 1426 »

Does anyone know how long the update takes?

Just had a call (4pm) from VW to let me know that my car might not be ready to pick up from the dealer tomorrow at 1pm because it has just started a SW update (presumably 2.3). Surely it takes less than 21 hours, but maybe you need to acknowledge a couple of times to get the update going?

Bob