Selling ID.3

Post your ID.3 cars, accessories, parts etc. here. Buy and sell at own risk.
stevefletcher1978

Post by stevefletcher1978 »

Are we allowed to post cars for sale on the forum please?

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Yes I’m ok with that. Might make a classified section actually. Post it here for now.
stevefletcher1978

Thanks very much.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Why are you selling, just out of interest?
stevefletcher1978

I bought it 3 months ago as was doing 500 miles a week commuting to work. I start a new job week after next. Wfh half the time and commute is 8 miles each way when I do go in.

The only reason I bought the id.3 was for the free fuel to get to work as could charge at work for free. It’s not really my type of car on any other level to be honest.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Congratulations on the new job - that old commute sounds proper rugged.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

I think there should be a sale sub-forum here, and these shouldn't be in the main forum. Worth contacting an administrator

Rgds
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

It’s interesting that you’re not interested in the car and only wanted it for the free miles. Out of curiosity why did you get the ID3 instead of any other EV?
colonelpurple wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:15 am I think there should be a sale sub-forum here, and these shouldn't be in the main forum. Worth contacting an administrator

Rgds
The administrator already responded. Worth reading the first few replies ;)
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
stevefletcher1978

Utumno wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:14 pm Congratulations on the new job - that old commute sounds proper rugged.
Thank you.
stevefletcher1978

rikimaru wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:48 pm It’s interesting that you’re not interested in the car and only wanted it for the free miles. Out of curiosity why did you get the ID3 instead of any other EV?

Rgds
Needed a hatchback or estate, wanted something with reasonable range and power. Tesla’s were more than I wanted to spend. Thought the id.3 would hold its value reasonably well given Golfs seem to. Just seemed the best solution.

I’m used to having cars that fit the old cliche of when you’re walking away from them you take another look back at them. The id.3 has never been that for me. For me it’s plain, dull, the infotainment drives me mental, it’s just a cheap way of doing miles. Which I get is brilliant for a lot of people - genuinely not knocking them.

I’m hoping to replace it with an M4 - so polar opposites.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Aye the M4 is a right beastie. My pockets aren’t that deep but I wish you well 😀

That “cor” moment as you look back at the vehicle on the drive? Totally understand it. ID.3 doesn’t do it for me either, but Taycans aren’t on Motability 😂

Not much is on Motability these days, tbh 🤣
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

I really like the look of my car in moonstone (even with the steels) it stands out on the street, one of my neighbours has a black one and it looks really dull.
It’s a shame that you are selling but I hope you enjoy the M4 just a shame it only goes 70mph max speed. Lol
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car
craig

Post by craig »

hope you get a sale quickly and congratulations on new job
M4 good choice I had a x3m comp previously and a m3 comp before that love the M cars but could never get the chance to enjoy when wife was in the car always on edge ; )
only use car once a week so went ev but happy with the ID3 thinking about a car for summer /weekends for fun
VW ID3 Max Pro Performance Glacier White Metallic
stevefletcher1978

Thanks a lot guys.

From the look of second hand prices I may well hold
off a while once I’ve sold the ID.3 for prices to drop back to normal once the chip problem is resolved.
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

Funny, we bought the Id3 as we found it is the best looking EV, and one of the best looking cars full stop

Guess everyone has different taste

Definitely doesn’t look like a Bentley suv if you like that sort of thing ;)

rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

stevefletcher1978 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:46 pm
rikimaru wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:48 pm It’s interesting that you’re not interested in the car and only wanted it for the free miles. Out of curiosity why did you get the ID3 instead of any other EV?

Rgds
Needed a hatchback or estate, wanted something with reasonable range and power. Tesla’s were more than I wanted to spend. Thought the id.3 would hold its value reasonably well given Golfs seem to. Just seemed the best solution.

I’m used to having cars that fit the old cliche of when you’re walking away from them you take another look back at them. The id.3 has never been that for me. For me it’s plain, dull, the infotainment drives me mental, it’s just a cheap way of doing miles. Which I get is brilliant for a lot of people - genuinely not knocking them.

I’m hoping to replace it with an M4 - so polar opposites.
Fair enough! The look of a car is definitely down to personal taste. For me the ID3 has a very appealing design, especially more after seeing it in person.

M4 is a beast though.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

stevefletcher1978 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:25 pm Thanks a lot guys.

From the look of second hand prices I may well hold
off a while once I’ve sold the ID.3 for prices to drop back to normal once the chip problem is resolved.
There is no chip problem

Manufacturers merely scaled back production during COVID and were caught unawares by the demand this year

VW is making ID3 and ID4s at two plants in Germany, currently working 24/7. The demand of the ID range has been much higher then anticipated, 144,000 cars were delivered by the end of July. They are building two more factories, one in China and one in the USA. When they come on line they will ease capacity somewhat

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

colonelpurple wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:09 pm There is no chip problem

I deal with the chip shortages in my daily professional life, though not in an automotive context. Respectfully, the chip shortages exist no matter how much you claim they aren’t.

As to the impact on ID.3 builds, that I don’t know.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

craig

Post by craig »

Manufactures are definitely struggling with the semi conductor shortage my son works at the Nissan plant and never knows from one week to the next how many shifts he will be working .
He is on half week again next week the lines keep shutting on a regular basis
VW ID3 Max Pro Performance Glacier White Metallic
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

Utumno wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:18 pm
colonelpurple wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:09 pm There is no chip problem

I deal with the chip shortages in my daily professional life, though not in an automotive context. Respectfully, the chip shortages exist no matter how much you claim they aren’t.

As to the impact on ID.3 builds, that I don’t know.
there are chip shortages, although I understand they were worse last year

but I also understand they are not restricting all of the major suppliers in China and Europe, depending on location of the factory

Interestingly, I did hear that the Teslas being turned out in the Chinese factory are considered better quality then the ones in the US. Still a lottery where they come from. However, this does mean that the Chinese car factories are excellent, which we expect VWs new one to be!