ID3 TOUR WANTED

Post your ID.3 cars, accessories, parts etc. here. Buy and sell at own risk.
apocani

Post by apocani »

Hi Everyone,

I’m posting here because of what happened to me recently.

I went to my local VW dealer on Saturday the 30th of October and ordered an ID3 Tour (77kWh Battery) Manganese Grey . I then received a call from them on following Tuesday the 2nd of November telling me that they had just tried to place my order on the system but couldn’t because ordering for the Tour had been suspended. Needless to say how furious I was at them taking 3 days before attempting to put trough my order. I know for sure that ordering was still possible on Monday evening the 1st of November. Seemingly I had just missed my chance to be put on the order/waiting list and nobody at VW can tell me when that will be possible again.

So I’m writing here in the hope that anybody who either has got an ID3 Tour (77kWh Battery) Manganese Grey for sale or has got an order they don’t want to wait for any longer and is willing to pass on.

I’m happy to pay a fair price for it but have to say that I’m not willing to feed anybodys greed by paying massively over the list price.

So if there’s somebody here or knows somebody who can help me then please get in touch by private messaging me and let me know.

Thanks

andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

If it's any consolation, had you been able to order one, it sounds likely you'd not receive it until late next year.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

It’ll be back in Week 48 (last week of November). They’re just making some changes but the new MY22.5 is available to order from Week 48 and Tour is listed on there. You’ll likely get an even better version
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Apparently the £1750 finance contribution is being pulled tomorrow, wonder whether they’ll reintroduce that at week 48.
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

apocani wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:29 pm
I’m happy to pay a fair price for it but have to say that I’m not willing to feed anybodys greed by paying massively over the list price.
A fair price would be the price for a pre-registeted car with delivery mileage. This is more expensive than new. No £1750 PCP discount or much of a dealer discount. I would say you should expect to pay full list price. If delivery is quick, expect to pay over list price. Market economics. Sorry.

It seems you are willing to pay over list.
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

andrewparker wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:24 pm Apparently the £1750 finance contribution is being pulled tomorrow, wonder whether they’ll reintroduce that at week 48.
If you've already been approved for finance before it's pulled (if it's pulled), you'll still get it.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
apocani

Post by apocani »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:45 pm
andrewparker wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:24 pm Apparently the £1750 finance contribution is being pulled tomorrow, wonder whether they’ll reintroduce that at week 48.
If you've already been approved for finance before it's pulled (if it's pulled), you'll still get it.

I don’t need finance. I never said I did in my original post. I got the money ready in my account which makes my situation even more frustrating. I’m ready to buy the car outright hence why I’ve posted here.

So if you want to talk finance please start a new topic.

Thank you
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

apocani wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:13 pm
I don’t need finance. I never said I did in my original post. I got the money ready in my account which makes my situation even more frustrating. I’m ready to buy the car outright hence why I’ve posted here.

Thank you
It is not a matter of need, but common sense. Even cash buyers usually take out finance as it reduces the price by £1750.
You can cancel the finance within 14 days and pay off the loan and keep the £1750 contribution. I aim to do so on the day of collection.
It makes the car cheaper. It is rather silly for a personal buyer not to take out finance on a new ID.3 and just cancel it, unless they know they would be refused finance or 30 minutes of their time is worth more than £1,750.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Cherry wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:32 pm
apocani wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:13 pm

Thank you
It is not a matter of need, but common sense. Even cash buyers usually take out finance as it reduces the price by £1750.
You can cancel the finance within 14 days and pay off the loan and keep the £1750 contribution. I aim to do so on the day of collection.
It makes the car cheaper. It is rather silly for a personal buyer not to take out finance on a new ID.3 and just cancel it, unless they know they would be refused finance or 30 minutes of their time is worth more than £1,750.
Yep, only a very naive car buyer walks into a dealership and declares that they’ve got “loadsamoney”. Brokers for discounts, PCP finance contributions for more money off, even if you pay the finance off on collection day. I’ve done this many times with VW cars.
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

Yes, pulled now. Those who get delivery now could sell their ID.3 for an even larger profit.
How did you know it was being pulled?
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Cherry wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:46 pm
Yes, pulled now. Those who get delivery now could sell their ID.3 for an even larger profit.
It was mentioned over on the Speak EV forum earlier today.
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Lammy

Post by Lammy »

VW Macclesfield had a tour available when I phoned about 5 days ago. Not sure what build stage it was at as I didn’t ask.
First edition

Share £100 with me when you sign up
share.octopus.energy/dense-crab-700
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

andrewparker wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:06 pm
Cherry wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:46 pm
It was mentioned over on the Speak EV forum earlier today.
There's a significant price rise across the VW range on 1st Dec, but the ID3 should be largely shielded from it as VW don't want any more trims to creep over the grant threshold.

According to the dealership source in the know for the Golf GTI forum, 2022 build allocation for VW UK is 80% filled!

It's not unusual for VW to pull a deposit contribution when demand greatly exceeds supply - when we bought our 2 Polo GTI+ a year apart from each other, there wasn't a deposit contribution when we bought the 2018 one, then there was a few months later, and it was pulled again before we bought our 2019 model.

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Cherry wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:32 pm
FWIW, we are paying cash and not using any finance, partly because I didn't like the idea of taking it out and then needing to pay it off quickly but moreover because it didn't save us money anyway. I got a cash offer through carwow that was cheaper than the carwow PCP offer at the same dealer by the same amount as the contribution, so it exactly offset it. I could have got a PCP deal £3-400 cheaper (net the contribution) but only by driving across the country and decided it wasn't worth it, especially because we had a reasonable valuation on our p/x from the local place.
I have a theory that dealers are short on cash flow due to low sales volumes so might be trying to incentivise cash purchases more? I'm also hoping this might be bumping our order up the queue. This is probably bollocks though! :)
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

sidehaas wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:04 am
I got a cash offer through carwow that was cheaper than the carwow PCP offer at the same dealer by the same amount as the contribution, so it exactly offset it. I could have got a PCP deal £3-400 cheaper (net the contribution) but only by driving across the country and decided it wasn't worth it, especially because we had a reasonable valuation on our p/x from the local place.
Was this a long time ago?

I have never seen a cash offer lower or close to PCP when a significant PCP contribution was offered by VW finance.
Yesterday evening the £1750 deposit contribution was pulled and CarWow offers showed cash and PCP prices as identical.
Previously the difference was £1750.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Cherry wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:13 am
End of July.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

sidehaas wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:27 am
Cherry wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:13 am
End of July.
I believe DTD were then offering a PCP price of £29,546.65 for your spec near that period.
I assume you got close to this with a cash deal,

I assume this excluded a £1000 test drive discount.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Carwow offers from individual dealers are rarely within £1000 of DTD prices. Even so, if a dealer could give you £1750 of VWFS's money instead of their own margin, they'd probably do it (before the incentive was pulled).

We bought 2 ID3s on PCP and settled a few days later to keep the deposit contribution on each of them.

Cherry

Post by Cherry »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:44 am Carwow offers from individual dealers are rarely within £1000 of DTD prices. Even so, if a dealer could give you £1750 of VWFS's money instead of their own margin, they'd probably do it (before the incentive was pulled).

We bought 2 ID3s on PCP and settled a few days later to keep the deposit contribution on each of them.
DTD already gives c£2400 off in addition to the EV grant. So, I doubt any dealer could give another £1750 off.

.... and the DTD dealer quotes a higher price on CarWow.

The DTD dealer is in Kent, so can be far for many. They quote over £400 for delivery via transporter for 150 miles.
It is also a day off to collect for many people.

Does the finance start on the day of collection or day before. I.e. can one settle the finance before collection so they can sell their ID.3 privately as a pre-reg with delivery miles
and hand over keys at the dealership?
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Cherry wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:31 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:44 am Carwow offers from individual dealers are rarely within £1000 of DTD prices. Even so, if a dealer could give you £1750 of VWFS's money instead of their own margin, they'd probably do it (before the incentive was pulled).

DTD already gives c£2400 off in addition to the EV grant. So, I doubt any dealer could give another £1750 off.

.... and the DTD dealer quotes a higher price on CarWow.

The DTD dealer is in Kent, so can be far for many. They quote over £400 for delivery via transporter for 150 miles.
It is also a day off to collect for many people.

Does the finance start on the day of collection or day before. I.e. can one settle the finance before collection so they can sell their ID.3 privately as a pre-reg with delivery miles
and hand over keys at the dealership?
Really not sure what you're getting at - before the £1750.deposit contribution was pulled yesterday, DTD were advertising about £4k off list after grant, because that discount included the £1750 deposit contribution, on the expectation you would take finance to accept it. Now the contribution is gone and the headline discount has been reduced accordingly. Even so, I've bought a fair few cars via the broker route and every time I've compared them, my best Carwow quote was nowhere near the DTD quote.

Finance starts on day of collection, no earlier. When you settle up, it'll still take about 3 weeks to get an acknowledgement letter from VWFS for them to state they no longer have a financial interest in the car. In that time period your "paid off car" might still be showing as having finance on it because systems are slow to update.

How much are you expecting to make by handing the keys straight back? You buy a "£36k" RRP Family Pro Performance for £29k (if you took the deposit contribution, and after grant was taken off).

Let's say the dealership buys it straight back. It wants to sell it for RRP but the buyer knows its overpriced by at least the grant, so wants it for £33.5k. Dealer agrees, but he needs some decent margin - he'll be wanting 15%.so that leaves him wanting to pay you exactly what you paid him.

Any dealership.right now is going to want a minimum of £4k margin on a £36k car. There is no profit in giving you £3-5k more than you just bought it for.

Retail sale of a used car close to RRP with this shortage situation is doable - that means paying someone 85% of what they want to sell it for to make it worthwhile.