New Vw Ev driver

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

Hi all, I've just taken the plunge and ordered an ID3, I've gone for family pro in blue denim, my last 3 cars have been 2 seat leons and my current skoda superb.
I saw an ID3 on the weekend and was really impressed with the internal space whist of course not as big as the superb its certainly bigger than the Leon for rear leg room.
My main challenge is getting the right charger installed, we have a 100amp fuse but have a 6KW electric central heating so im worried about capacity of the main fuse if the heating and car are on same time, I've read that some chargers have load balancing but am not sure if this means they can cut the charge KWs if heating is on?
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire

MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Think you’ll be OK - if we have the oven, microwave, kettle and hob on at the same time that works fine and is quite a drain!

Most chargers (I think) also allow you to restrict their output. So if it became a problem you could always drop it from 32 to 16a when you are running your heating.
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

That what i was thinking, I'm already on octopus go and plan to charge overnight when the heating isn't on, it's modern wiring so they may end up upgrading to 120amp fuse if possible?. I had a cla250e on order but have cancelled to switch to full ev due to practicalities following my wife having a major hip operation so coupe wasn't the right car.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Talk to an installer.