Ordered this week

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Utumno wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:44 pm
Anduain wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:39 pm To add to the excitement we created a silly spreadsheet tracking fuel costs/mileage leading up to delivery and switched over.

Silly but equally eye opening.

Not silly at all. I think if more people actually realised their ICE is costing them a fortune in fuel compared to the cost of electricity in a BEV, they might stop looking past the "higher-than-ICE" sticker price of BEV's.

I worked out that my Focus ICE was costing me £2000 a year in fuel, with the Tour in direct comparison costing at most £320 a year in electricity. That £140 a month "back" makes a hell of a dent in a lease or PCP.
We've 13K on our car now and the fuel savings are substantial. We make zero effort to be energy conscious when driving, air con on, 120km/h driving speed, healthy acceleration. Once we got over the anxiety of charging (everyone goes through it) we've not looked back.

Our daughters are home for the summer right now and VW gave us an insane deal on renting an ICE Golf for a few weeks, and wow do you feel the difference. Although it does have memory seats :D

thewanted

Post by thewanted »

Blackeunos wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:52 am
Utumno wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:36 pm Actually, that boot liner thing. VW sell two, and I'm not sure which one I should get. We had a "hard plastic" one in the back of the Tiguan and it was fine ... but slippy. There was an alternative one that, I think, rolled up somehow and it was less slippy, but felt really cheap. I like my boot liners to be waterproof, be a liner rather than a mat (ie it needs to have sides, rather than just be flat) and also not be hard plastic and slippy. Do VW make such a thing, or do I need to go aftermarket ?
I'll let you know in a few days what the ones I've ordered are like.

I've got mud flaps and a boot liner ordered from Torque Alliance, based in the EU (Belgium I think).

Worked out as £66 for both direct from them, including delivery. They sell on Amazon as well, but works out a bit more expensive.

Would you mind letting us know what the mudflats were like to fit please when they arrive?
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

thewanted wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:00 am Would you mind letting us know what the mudflats were like to fit please when they arrive?
Will do.

The shipping update currently says the package cleared customs in Holland yesterday, so thinking I'll have it the start of next week... Will just need the car then to see how they fit!
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-Jul 22- VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 on - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys