Another new one...

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
de g.

Post by de g. »

Hi All.

Have an ID.3 in Moonstone Grey with East Derry alloys and floor mats on order. Ordered mid August, but dealer managed to find one confirmed for build and now been shipped, so expecting to have it in the next three weeks or so.

First EV and first new car I've owned; got it on 4 years PCP as I figured the 8-year battery warranty and the VW badge should ensure it maintains a decent residual value.

I've a 50kW DC charger at Lidl next to my workplace, and plenty of local 7kW chargers, so even if Octopus can't get their act together and install before it's delivered, I should have no problems with charging at reasonable rates.

Exciting times!

Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Welcome!

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Had mine for all of 4 days, and it's a great car! You'll love it.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-Jul 22- VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 on - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
de g.

Post by de g. »

Picked up on Saturday, lots to familiarise myself with!
Very happy so far, though VW did supply the wrong boot liner - life rather than family model.
Noel

Post by Noel »

Picked up mine last Thursday, got an over the air update on Saturday which seemed to go well. I have the Tech Pro performance plus with 18” East Derry wheels. So far, so good. The tech does daunt my wife a little but she loves the way it drives. T
We had an old chargemaster 7kw home charging point at home which we last used 4 years ago when we had one of the first Renault Zoes. To my huge relief it still worked fine, charging the car up to 80% with no problems. Not bad after not being used for 4 years!
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

de g. wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:57 am Picked up on Saturday, lots to familiarise myself with!
Very happy so far, though VW did supply the wrong boot liner - life rather than family model.
How did you know it was the wrong one?
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
de g.

Post by de g. »

rikimaru wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:22 pm
de g. wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:57 am Picked up on Saturday, lots to familiarise myself with!
How did you know it was the wrong one?
Doesn't fit... With the dual-height boot floor the runners for the floor are fixed so the 'wings' at the back of the liner don't fit. If it's the right one, then there's a pretty obvious design error by VW on that one!