Waiting in antici...... pation!

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
fixit

Post by fixit »

Hi
I'm waiting on a 150 Family Pro Performance which was supposed to be coming at the end of this month, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm looking at the various home charger options. I was initially thinking of Hypervolt, but Zappi and Ohme also appealed.

I don't have solar panels so that's one less interaction to think about. I don't want to be dependant on back-end servers being on-line though; is Ohme capable of operating sensibly if the internet was down?

Any advice gratefully received as I really should get on with getting it installed!

Fixit
Order No: 31334nnn

Southwellpeter

Post by Southwellpeter »

VW have a deal with Podpoint and the dealer recommended them. It came in 10 days. Easy to use and set charging time if you're on a cheap night-time tariff.
Life Pro-Performance, Stonewashed Blue, East Derry Alloys, 58KWh battery. Pod Point Home charger
craig

Post by craig »

I went with hypervolt great customer service and you have choice of cable length between 5m 7.5m and 10m I have the 7.5 works great
VW ID3 Max Pro Performance Glacier White Metallic
fixit

Post by fixit »

Have gone with the Hypervolt. Let's hope it's all smooth sailing for the install
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Hypervolt was my first choice until SWMBO saw the Andersen. Cable tidiness OCD then kicked in 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

fixit wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:06 am Hi
I'm waiting on a 150 Family Pro Performance which was supposed to be coming at the end of this month, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm looking at the various home charger options. I was initially thinking of Hypervolt, but Zappi and Ohme also appealed.

I don't have solar panels so that's one less interaction to think about. I don't want to be dependant on back-end servers being on-line though; is Ohme capable of operating sensibly if the internet was down?

Any advice gratefully received as I really should get on with getting it installed!

Fixit
I looked at all the options and bought the zappi
It is not the cheapest but had a number of advantages for me:
1. It has a reputation of reliability
2. It doesn't use WiFi to connect to your network, rather it uses its own radio signal from a box called the hub which plugs into your network. This had a much longer range then WiFi and worked well for me as I my garage is the opposite side of my garden
3. Has a house energy monitor called the hurvi which I also bought.
5. I also have no solar panels, but if you ever do buy them, and/or a power wall, it had options to manage all the energy and charging
6. It had a wall schema which makes it easier to install
7. It doesn't need an separate earth rod
The only downside is the rather unique jargon which has a little of a learning curve. E.g. boost means timed on !!!

Good luck
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

colonelpurple wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:12 pm
fixit wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:06 am Hi

Fixit
I looked at all the options and bought the zappi
It is not the cheapest but had a number of advantages for me:
1. It has a reputation of reliability
2. It doesn't use WiFi to connect to your network, rather it uses its own radio signal from a box called the hub which plugs into your network. This had a much longer range then WiFi and worked well for me as I my garage is the opposite side of my garden
3. Has a house energy monitor called the hurvi which I also bought.
5. I also have no solar panels, but if you ever do buy them, and/or a power wall, it had options to manage all the energy and charging
6. It had a wall schema which makes it easier to install
7. It doesn't need an separate earth rod
The only downside is the rather unique jargon which has a little of a learning curve. E.g. boost means timed on !!!

Good luck
I'll second the above...
Very happy with the Zappi so far, I have solar also and it all integrates very nicely. There is an extra price admittedly but if I was doing it again I would probably go with the Zappi again. (Wife wanted an Andersen but there was a 12 week lead time given she wanted a specific finish.)
I also bought an Ohme granny via the octopus offer and I have to say so far I haven't found it as easy to use as the Zappi.