Hello from Somerset

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
newb-ev

Post by newb-ev »

Hi, another new ID.3 owner to be.

Ordered a Family Pro Performance in Makena Turquoise with the East Derry alloys, back on the 8th July (order number a late 3131xxx).

Original estimated delivery end of September, now looking at December with the car currently in build (from what the dealer can tell).

Still very much looking forward to it arriving, hopefully in 2021.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise
Ordered: 8th July 2021
Currently Status: Picked up from dealer 22/12

Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Welcome to the forum - good choice of colour btw!
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Welcome to the forum.
Going by your order number it was one already in the system.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

That's interesting, we ordered exactly the same spec 4 weeks later and have also had confirmation it went in to build this week. If Newfie is right, I wonder if there was a few of them in this spec that had been ordered excess somehow.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Great colour choice 👍👍😀
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Welcome. Lovely colour choice. Worth the wait 👍
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Indyfras

Post by Indyfras »

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the car when you get it.
ID.3 Max
Ordered: 20 October 2021
Ord No: 31509XXX
Delivery: est 25 April 2022 (from order)
Supposedly BW41/2022, BW47/2022, BW50/2022, BW 51/2022, Bw48/2022, BW08/2023
Confirmed BW07/2023
In UK 17 April 2023
Picked up 29 April 2023
newb-ev

Post by newb-ev »

sidehaas wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:45 am That's interesting, we ordered exactly the same spec 4 weeks later and have also had confirmation it went in to build this week. If Newfie is right, I wonder if there was a few of them in this spec that had been ordered excess somehow.
Mine had a confirmed build week of 40, which if it happened (the dealer did not seem to be sure) will mean its been in build since the start of October I think.

I got my commission number 23rd July after chasing the dealer and was then told in the middle of August that it has a projected build week of 39. I think it was then in September I was told it had a confirmed build week of 40.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Ah ok. Our confirmed build was week 42 which was this week, so a little behind you. We got an email on Tuesday from VW UK confirming build has started. However I'm prepared for the fact it could be 'in build' a long time!
Best of luck getting yours this year!
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

You will love the colour
Excellent choice!
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic
2.4 update complete
Eviebug

Post by Eviebug »

Hello, Hello from Somerset, I’m saying Hello from Devon

Just joining the forum as I’d like to learn from other people’s experiences of owning an ID3.

I ordered my ID3 Family on 29 June and was told I would have it by 29 September at the latest (was subsequently told I was due for week 38 build). Am now getting a fortnightly email from the dealership that repeats the mantra ‘no news yet but we will keep you informed’.

I’m so excited about my new car - have my charger all fitted and ready to go - I just want some definite news from VW even if it’s bad news rather than communication designed to keep you hanging.
joshgiova

Post by joshgiova »

Eviebug wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:41 am Hello, Hello from Somerset, I’m saying Hello from Devon

Just joining the forum as I’d like to learn from other people’s experiences of owning an ID3.

I ordered my ID3 Family on 29 June and was told I would have it by 29 September at the latest (was subsequently told I was due for week 38 build). Am now getting a fortnightly email from the dealership that repeats the mantra ‘no news yet but we will keep you informed’.

I’m so excited about my new car - have my charger all fitted and ready to go - I just want some definite news from VW even if it’s bad news rather than communication designed to keep you hanging.
I ordered a few days after you and am collecting today! Your build week 38 and I was 34, so hopefully you should be collecting sometime in late November all being well.
Order Placed (3124xxxx) - 2nd July 21
Build Week - 34 w/c 23rd August 21
Arrived at Emden - 20th September 21
Released to shipping - 4th October 21
Shipped to UK - 6th October 21
Arrived in the UK - 8th October 21
At Dealer - 18th October 21
Eviebug

Post by Eviebug »

Thanks. That sounds hopeful 😀
newb-ev

Post by newb-ev »

Eviebug wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:41 am Hello, Hello from Somerset, I’m saying Hello from Devon

I agree the comms have not been great, but I think their supply chain is so all over the place at the moment that they have lost most of the predictability out of the build process.

I get a call every few weeks from the dealer, but I think until it is confirmed as built they can’t be too specific about when it will arrive.

I too am very looking forward to the car arriving, but I am yet to get the home charger sorted. Which one did you go with?
Eviebug

Post by Eviebug »

I went with the Pod Point. The installation was very clean and efficient so fingers crossed that it works equally well.
Eviebug

Post by Eviebug »

Just to add, I got a call today and my ID3 has been built and is starting its journey to the UK. 😁
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Fantastic news! If you’re happy to, could you share a mildly redacted version of your order number if you have it? I’m keeping a little tally of partial order numbers and build completion dates to try to divine some progress within the chaos that is VW at the moment.

Absolutely no problem if you don’t feel happy sharing a partial order number of course! Example of a partial order number (ours) is in my signature
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
vincent_van_go

Post by vincent_van_go »

Eviebug wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:15 pm Just to add, I got a call today and my ID3 has been built and is starting its journey to the UK. 😁
That's great news for you. As already requested, please can you share a portion you order number (I'd like to compare with my own in the footer below).

Also, I've read on both ID.3 UK Facebook Group and this forum that the physical ship/boat used to transport cars for VW is called the Malacca Highway. It can be tracked using the following link: https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9235414

It's been in dock since yesterday morning. If it heads for the UK (via Emden) in the coming days, my money says it's carrying your car!
Eviebug

Post by Eviebug »

Oh, thanks for that info about the shipping.

My order number begins with several letters and then the number itself starts 1262xxxx. Not sure that is much use to you as it doesn’t seem to relate to your order number in any way.
vincent_van_go

Post by vincent_van_go »

Eviebug wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:24 pm Oh, thanks for that info about the shipping.

My order number begins with several letters and then the number itself starts 1262xxxx. Not sure that is much use to you as it doesn’t seem to relate to your order number in any way.
Thanks Eviebug. My assumption this number is your own dealers' order number and not the number which VW use to uniquely ID the order (sometimes apparently known as a commission number). But in any case, you've raised my hopes as your dates are near identical to mine. My dealer has been on holiday, back tomorrow. So hoping he has some positive news.