Hello, Yet another Forum Newbie Joining

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
JohnBEV1

Post by JohnBEV1 »

Hello everyone.

I was browsing this ID.3 forum a few weeks ago when researching the best EV car to buy. Ordered 150kW Life Pro Performance 58kWh, Moonstone grey ID3 with the standard steel wheels 18 inch Aero on 14th October. Decided on a three year lease deal, as I am thinking the EV technology is advancing so much the cars in the coming years will have greater range and cheaper prices than is currently the norm. So I may then buy one after the lease finishes.

Delivery is quoted as 28/03/2022, but I am expecting delays :)

Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Welcome on board!

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Welcome. Long wait but worth it.
What are you driving now?
Dave
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
JohnBEV1

Post by JohnBEV1 »

Thanks Dave.
I am currently driving a 12 year old Fiesta, which I still really enjoy. I recently retired, so decided to treat myself to something nice :)

John.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Good for you. Im also in the retirement club.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Welcome, John!
Moonstonegrey

Post by Moonstonegrey »

Welcome,

Same delivery date I have been quoted as I am new also. Be interesting to see what happens. I think I have now watched every single you tube video there is on the ID3. :shock:
58kWh 204 bhp Family Pro Performance. Moonstone Grey with Andoya Black 19” alloys.

Ordered 23/10/21
Order No. 31515XXX
Build week: Week 22 - 2022
Joycer

Post by Joycer »

Hi all
I collected my new ID3 yesterday and I am freaking out trying to watch all videos, donlowad apps and generally trying to connect it successfully to a charger :o

I have downloaded ChargePlaceScotland, bppulse, zap-map, pod point and Shell Recharge. I don’t need a charge yet, but thought I would try a couple yesterday to work out what to do. First one the cable became locked and wouldn’t release. Phoned the number on the charging point (CPS) and locked and unlocked car and it released. Never got to the point where it would cahrge though as it said was busy, but it was busy with me! Today tried a different charger point with CPS, and couldn’t even get the CCS cable out of the holder. I feel really stupid, but I have a few questions.
1. Do you take the key out of the car before trying to start the whole charging process ie car is switched off?
2. Should the apps always work for payment, I have also ordered RFIP card and the Shell and We Connect one. Today I tried to use contactless but that didn’t seem to work
3. Do you normally put the charge point cable into the car BEFORE starting the charge process on the app?

I am going to have many more stupid questions. This forum is a godsend
J
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Welcome!

These questions are not stupid, the in inconsistency of process is faff at best, prohibitive at worst.

Can’t speak for Bonny Scotland but my experiences:

1. Double unlock the car always released the cable
2. CCS chargers (outside of Ionity) always seem to need validation before they are released. I hadn’t thought of that until you mentioned it.
3. Always have the key on me (I’m from NE England…)
4. Sometimes Apps, Sometimes RFID card, sometimes RFID credit card - you learn as you go. I have a collection 😀

Hope this helps a bit.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Anduain wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:13 pm Welcome!

These questions are not stupid, the in inconsistency of process is faff at best, prohibitive at worst.

Can’t speak for Bonny Scotland but my experiences:

1. Double unlock the car always released the cable
For me it's been a tripe press, but does this depend on whether you have the door opening settings to unlock only driver with press 1. then others with press 2. needing press 3 for charging cable?
beacon39

Post by beacon39 »

Joycer wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:55 pm Hi all
I collected my new ID3 yesterday and I am freaking out trying to watch all videos, donlowad apps and generally trying to connect it successfully to a charger :o

I have downloaded ChargePlaceScotland, bppulse, zap-map, pod point and Shell Recharge. I don’t need a charge yet, but thought I would try a couple yesterday to work out what to do. First one the cable became locked and wouldn’t release. Phoned the number on the charging point (CPS) and locked and unlocked car and it released. Never got to the point where it would cahrge though as it said was busy, but it was busy with me! Today tried a different charger point with CPS, and couldn’t even get the CCS cable out of the holder. I feel really stupid, but I have a few questions.
1. Do you take the key out of the car before trying to start the whole charging process ie car is switched off?
2. Should the apps always work for payment, I have also ordered RFIP card and the Shell and We Connect one. Today I tried to use contactless but that didn’t seem to work
3. Do you normally put the charge point cable into the car BEFORE starting the charge process on the app?

I am going to have many more stupid questions. This forum is a godsend
J
Hi Joycer,

I had exactly the same experience with my first ChargePlaceScotland charger. Some of them are not very well maintained but I have used four others and they were OK (and some are still free). I haven't used any app so far, RFID for ChargePlaceScotland and contactless for networks that accept it. I always leave the keys in the car until I know I'm hooked up to the charger but it shouldn't make any difference.
Life Pro Performance, Stonewashed Blue - East Derry alloys - Heat pump
Aberdeen, Scotland