Hello, Yet another Forum Newbie Joining

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
beacon39

Post by beacon39 »

Joycer wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:55 pm Hi all
I collected my new ID3 yesterday and I am freaking out trying to watch all videos, donlowad apps and generally trying to connect it successfully to a charger :o

I have downloaded ChargePlaceScotland, bppulse, zap-map, pod point and Shell Recharge. I don’t need a charge yet, but thought I would try a couple yesterday to work out what to do. First one the cable became locked and wouldn’t release. Phoned the number on the charging point (CPS) and locked and unlocked car and it released. Never got to the point where it would cahrge though as it said was busy, but it was busy with me! Today tried a different charger point with CPS, and couldn’t even get the CCS cable out of the holder. I feel really stupid, but I have a few questions.
1. Do you take the key out of the car before trying to start the whole charging process ie car is switched off?
2. Should the apps always work for payment, I have also ordered RFIP card and the Shell and We Connect one. Today I tried to use contactless but that didn’t seem to work
3. Do you normally put the charge point cable into the car BEFORE starting the charge process on the app?

I am going to have many more stupid questions. This forum is a godsend
J
Hi Joycer,

I had exactly the same experience with my first ChargePlaceScotland charger. Some of them are not very well maintained but I have used four others and they were OK (and some are still free). I haven't used any app so far, RFID for ChargePlaceScotland and contactless for networks that accept it. I always leave the keys in the car until I know I'm hooked up to the charger but it shouldn't make any difference.
Life Pro Performance, Stonewashed Blue - East Derry alloys - Heat pump
Aberdeen, Scotland